Triple scented? Double scented? Soy wax? Paraffin wax? Candles and Wax Melts? FAQ

There is a lot of confusion within the eBay community and lots of false information pushed by sellers in order to make their product seem better. Lots of people have asked me about Double and Triple scented so I thought I would give some facts. 

Q. How much fragrance can wax actually hold?

A. Most manufacturers will supply a certain percentage of fragrance to wax that they will legally be accountable for if something goes wrong. For example most paraffin waxes will recommend no more than 10% Soy wax up to 12% etc. some soy waxes even up to 18% but the actual amount of fragrance that the wax can hold is a lot more than recommend by the manufacturer and with lots of testing and research you can put a lot more fragrance into wax products. 

Q. People say the maximum fragrance is 10% and that people who say double or triple scented are lying. 

A. This is incorrect and something a seller will say because they’re to tight to put more fragrance into their product. Fragrance is very expensive so people want to use the least amount as possible. You can double and triple scent a product, it takes a lot of testing and research but it can happen. Other sellers shouldn’t comment on what other sellers do because they don’t know exactly what is in another sellers product. 

Q. Pure soy or 100% soy wax is this true?

A. No. Currently there is no such thing as pure soy or 100% soy. All soy waxes are blended with oils, preservatives and stabilisers and are not 100% natural. 

Q. Is paraffin wax is toxic?

A. Paraffin wax is not toxic and is safe to use. Some soy candle makers will say it’s toxic to try and scare people into buying their own product. There are even better new kinds of paraffin on the market like food grade that’s used in food and can also be used in candles. The fragrance oil would be considered more toxic than the wax itself. 

These are the most common questions asked so I thought would be easier to do a community post to help others out. 

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0