Australian Jewellers: Gold & Silversmiths, Makers & Marks

For anyone who has an interest in Australian jewellery and doesn't have a copy of the bible, "Australian Jewellers: Gold & Silversmiths, Makers & Marks" by Kenneth Cavill et al, there is a copy for sale at auction this Sunday

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/volume-australian-jewellers-gold-silversmit-5CB4BD9A01

It is obviously in VERY good condition, and if you could get it for $100 it would be a great bargain. You don't see it all that often and it appears to be unavailable at the moment at the major on-line booksellers. You  can bid on-line or leave a bid with the auctioneers; for those not in Sydney, they will post - you could ask them re cost. It is the book I refer to most often for Australian jewellery - I actually have 2 copies, one at each place.

I just wish the people who are buying the fake "Wager" brooches that seem to be around at the moment would have a look and see what a real one looks like, and realise that the quality of what they are buying is NOTHING similar.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Australian Jewellers: Gold & Silversmiths, Makers & Marks

I just checked on-line - someone bought it for $180 + BP - say 230-240 depending on how they bid. For one in such great condition, seems very fair.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply