MZ austria gold decor porcelain plate set pre 1909? info & approx value any info appreciated thanks!

Hi Can anyone help me with more info / on Austria gold decorated porcelain – 100+ yrs old set: 1 large plate & 6 similar to lunch plate size. There is a no. written on the back in reddish coloured ink starting with a , not sure if that would be from the maker or perhaps from the initial owner marking their belongings for security? There is a 933 imprinted in the middle of the large plate. I found ...this info on MZ Austria which it says on the back. How would I find out reselling value…? A friend is interested in selling the set. "MZ Austria is the wording on a mark used by Moritz Zdekauer on porcelains made at his works in Altrolau, Austria, from 1884 to 1909. Zdekauer's company exported pieces to American and Dutch colonies before it was bought by another company. The mark was changed to MZ Altrolau in 1909, when the firm was purchased by C.M. Hutschenreuther. The firm operated under the name Altrolau Porcelain Factories from 1909 to 1945. It was nationalized after World War II. The pieces were decorated with lavish floral patterns and overglaze gold decoration. Full sets of dishes were made as well as vases, toilet sets, and other wares"
Thank you!

PS - Hi siddieswans..... areyou still around... you usually comment on my Qs!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

MZ austria gold decor porcelain plate set pre 1909? info & approx value any info appreciated thanks!

Hi there - I would guess it is a dessert set, probably for fruit. Although it is good quality, very pretty and looks in good condition, in a real life auction I could not see it achieving more than $40. And that's if there was someone who wanted to buy it. Really yesterday's antiques - you certainly couldn't put it in the dishwasher! On eBay maybe you could stretch to $60 for a start - but I would be prepared to come down. Certainly not rare - my grandmother had similar small bowls which were probably originally part of a set - hers would have been c1910-20. They would have been made in their zillions.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks siddies I appreciate it
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply