Royal Winton Grimwades Advice

Hoping someone might be able to tell me an approximate value of this cup and saucer. They were to commemorate the visit of their Majesties to Australia in 1949,,,which never happened. The markings on the base say Royal Winton GrimwadesIMG_7937.JPG made in England and the number 10 in gold marking. Both in perfect condition...no chips

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much for your response. I need to do some more research on it I think. Any advice appreciated... thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Very difficult to guess. I sell quite a lot of Royal commemoratives (because I like them Smiley Tongue) but they are nowhere near as popular a collecting field as they were 20 or more years ago.

Last year I sold a souvenir of this visit; a cup only for $15 and some years back another one for $19 - neither were as good quality manufacture as Royal Winton.

Because it did not take place, it is assumed these are rare but as we know from Edward VIII coronation souvenirs, lots and lots were produced beforehand. Some also have images of Princess Margaret (who was also supposed to come).

I would suggest $45 though I feel probably is $35 is closer to the mark - you can always come down. Then again if you list it at auction, and several people are keen, it could do better. So no idea really Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you so much for your response. I need to do some more research on it I think. Any advice appreciated... thanks
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply