Abusive swearing message

I have had an abusive message from a buyer using the F word and I am not sure what to do about it

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Abusive swearing message

Just as a matter of interest, when you do Report someone, is there any way they can find out who it was that reported them (apart from simple deduction in, say, one-on-one disputes)?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

@joztamps wrote:

Just as a matter of interest, when you do Report someone, is there any way they can find out who it was that reported them (apart from simple deduction in, say, one-on-one disputes)?

No, eBay would have that under their privacy agreement.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Abusive swearing message

Don't take it personally, some people are just rude. If it not an inportant query, just abuse, then just delete the message, put the person on your blocked buyer list and forget it.

Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

You can report them and add them to your BBL. Tick the box to block communications.

If you have been in a transaction with them the comms block takes a while to take effect.

If there is no need for further action on your transaction just ignore n delete any messages.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/profanity-policy?id=4258&st=10&pos=3...

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

Kopes, I just popped into my messages to see what report options there are (I have never had an abusive message to report). I couldn't find any. Where is the box to tick, for my curiosity.

Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

There was one last year but eBay removed it in messages.

Now to report messages, one needs to go through report a member in help.

And the box to tick for blocking comms is together with the BBL.

Account - site prefs - buyer req - show n edit.

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

@joztamps wrote:

No, eBay would have that under their privacy agreement.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

Thank you for all your comments. Ebay blocked the buyer for me.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Abusive swearing message

I'm happy to hear that, rover41music. Abusive messages are never pleasant, and should not be a part of an eBay transaction.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply