Ebay's standards

I’m leaving Ebay due to their unsatisfactory reponse  to my complaint that an ad was offensive and encouraged illegal behaviour. It was for a dashcam, but the accompanying photo was of a girl undressing: it couldn’t have been taken from a car’s dashboard. Funny?  Only to the permanently immature.  I have no doubt that the seller was targeting voyeurs and perverts. I was assured repeatedly, via helpdesk discussions, of Ebay’s probity. Nevertheless, the  (sponsored ) ad was still there three weeks after I first reported it, during which time the seller had sold most of his stock. To people who might use the cameras on your partner, sister or child.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay's standards

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You may have been better off posting your problem on the boards instead of trying to get ebay to take notice of one person.

Try giving the details here so others can also complain to ebay.....there is a fairly good record of success when many members report the same thing.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

eBay can't vet millions of listings but can and will act on many members reporting an item.

As suggested post the item number here and if it is a truly offensive listing I am sure many from here will report it.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

Could have been an Asian seller attempting to show how good the picture quality was for the dashcam lyndal, but without the item number being provided by the original poster that's just speculation.

I agree, with the item number given then if it is smutty, multiple reports may well have the listing taken down.

But I'm honestly not sure how a dashcam could be effectively used for that purpose when there's so many "hidden cams" available out there on-line.

Edit.  G'day Kopes..................waves.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

May I ask how did you report the issue?

Did you report the seller, the item or how did you report the situation?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

@ep000001 wrote:

Is it likely it's relevant THREE YEARS later?

Is it likely the addressee will respond, given they haven't logged into the boards since they posted THREE YEARS ago?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

@ep000001 wrote:

You could ask but sunlit2013 hasn't been logged in here for almost 3 YEARS...........

It pays to look at dates when responding on the boards.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

Ebay has standards? I never knew that. My goodness....

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay's standards

What a stupid remark......everybody has standards!

It depends on whether those standards are high or low as to whether you approve or not.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply