Has anyone else been completely shafted by ebays ridiculous policies?

eBay restricted my account due to sending someone my number to discuss freight options, not to discuss outside sales. After this was explained, eBay STILL REFUSED TO LIFT RESTRICTIONS ON MY ACCOUNT.

On top of this, I cannot pay for any items that I have committed to purchase in my cart and will likely incur unpaid item strikes on my account.

disgusting policies and customer service, especially when they make a killing on selling fees.

Very unhappy!

any other suggested platforms for selling goods besides this rip off site?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

They won't listen to your story. I've got 7 days restriction for telling my address for item pickup. 

They removed all my listings from search and I can't list anything else. 

Im shocked. Not sure if my Store will recover after that. 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

You're correct and not to mention the fact that OP looks like a new seller so there will also be a 21 day hold on their funds through PayPal if that's the payment option they took?

It's just a disgrace how eBay are allowing this and many other glitches to continue with no recourse.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

so how does ebay know you are not going to sell it outside of ebay?????????

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I am amazed at the creative ways ebay engages to destroy their own business. I used to get a score of 200 a month, just 2 years ago - now it's 20 - I have just had to remove a few dozen listings because there's a link on them to the people that do the ebay template - and to be honest, I can't be bothered to re-list them! eBay is more trouble than its worth these days - constant interference, My website and other sales outlets are better than ever - my eBay downturn is simply today's eBay - not indicative of my market. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Yeh, sure have! A lady messaged me on ebay asking to come and take a look at a pair of shoes and try them on. She ended up buying the shoes and I removed the listing. Within minutes I got an email to say that my entire ebay account has been suspended for 7 days. When I spoke to ebay they told me that the customer should have bought/paid for the item before coming to try them on or before I gave out my address for her to come and try them on. Bad luck they tell me and there is nothing I can do, GR8! Thanks ebay, how was I supposed to know if the lady would buy the shoes or not? How can I force customers to press the 'buy it now' button and pay for the item-too bad if they didn't fit and she had paid for them. So for the sake of $1.75 commission, I get kick in the guts, thanks heaps! 

Personally I will be looking into 'Amazon' when they get up and running as ebay are just plain ridiculous. All those fees and all that power and all those policies have gone to their heads, in a bad way. Amazon will eventually give them the kick up the bum they so desperately need as I have truly has a gutful. BRING ON THE BIG 'A'. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Well said, but it will eventually come back to bight them in the ass-as it should!

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, I just got shafted exactly the same. No warning, just 7 day ban. I'm absolutely furious!!!

I put up my comments on the message board See - "ABSOLUTELY **bleep** OFF!!" for the content of my shafting.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I'd like to get the biggest shaft and get eBay to sit on it Woman Tongue

So much BS going on and eBay wouldn't have a clue how to fix it.

And the worst thing is that eBay won't and don't listen to any of their customers problems be it buyers or sellers Woman Frustrated

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I've just had the same thing.  Restricted for 7 days for giving a pick up address.  And the ebay staff were rude and would not listen.  Totaly over Ebay

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply