Help From Ebay

I am so sad that Ebay does not have a help button. The last few days I have had a problem paying a seller for reducing the postage costs because I bought two items from him. Once when there was problem you could talk to Ebay and get it sorted. Now today I was sent to "Just Answer" who asked me for $2 to help me. Isaid yes and when I looked at my bankcard there were three payments taken out of my credit card. One for $2 ...one for $66...and one for $55.77.  So I have been hacked. Why would  Ebay send me to this link???????? 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Help From Ebay

there's a HELP link at the top of every page......

contact your bank & have them do a chargeback ASAP

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

eBay didnโ€™t. 

Unfortunately you must have clicked onto a third party link. You should contact your bank immediately and ask for a chargeback. I hope you havenโ€™t given any other infoโ€ฆ but I think youโ€™re going to have to cancel your c/c and have it replaced. If you gave your email address, beware of increased scam emails. If you gave more info, your identity may be compromised.

eBay Help is quite literally on every page. Look at the bottom of this page, for instance, and you will see a link that says โ€œHelpโ€.

Iโ€™ll post the link here as well: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

But you can also get helpful advice and information from us on these boards. The community had a wealth of experience and in most cases we can give you much better advice than eBay CS Live Chat reps.

(And thereโ€™s no charge!!!)

Without giving eBay usernames (but you can post the item number), and without posting any of your personal information such as name, address, phone number or email address, what exactly is the situation with which you want help?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

eBay have a help button on every single page

and as mentioned, did not send you such a link

I hope you have notified your bank if you did not authorise the other charges, otherwise you will keep on getting random charges now you have given your bank account/card info to God knows who

Do not click on random links from scammers and then give the scammers your bank details

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

@marleneannau wrote:

....... Why would  Ebay send me to this link???????? 

Ebay did not send you to the link, you clicked on a link sent to  you by another party who is most probably a scammer. Ebay has its faults but so far sending its members a dodgy link is not one of them.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

Thank you to all who replied to my post.

Yes...I have clicked on the Ebay "HELP" link before and received all the help I needed. This time I clicked on "Help" and the "Just Answers" came up. So..I thought that is the way Ebay wanted me to go. So please be aware that that they just asked me for $2 which I agreed to to fix the problem when I purchased two plants and the buyer reduced postage. Little did I know they would  also take out two other payments which I did not agree to. (55.77 and $66) I pay a lot of money to Norton for the best sucurity so how come the link was on the Ebay help button. I have my bank looking in to it to get the money back. There are a lot of scams out there and I fell for one!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

They did'nt as has been said

You clicked on a scam link and gave a scammer your details

as has been said 

Norton is not going to do anything if the user clicks on a scam, and proceeds to gave the scammer all their banking info

eBay did not ask you for $2

Even if they had, members had already answered you and given you advise the very first time you posted about the issue

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

I just hope the OP comes back here to read the replies and understand that it was not eBay who sent them the link, that the link was obviously in a scam/phishing email and that they should cancel their cc as soon as possible.

I think I have also heard of a "Just Answer" scam/phishing email before.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Help From Ebay

They did though

And ignored everyone who posted here that it was not eBay

They choose to insist it was

Not much we can do there

No doubt their bank will be able to tell them that too

BUT, hopefully at least, anyone else who reads this thread and comes across this scammer link will know not to click on it and give out all their bank info to 'get help for $2'  because it is not from eBay

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply