Not having a search button in our shop makes it harder to find things for both the customer and me

I like the new shop look but not having a search button for customers/buyers to find a specific item and in my case a individual player, personality, band or team now means they have to search manually through all my items which I know will turn them away plus even for me to make a revision or item check having the search button was great and made things easier to find. Kind regards peter 😉 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Not having a search button in our shop makes it harder to find things for both the customer and me

I just put 'Kylie' in the search bar (just as an example) while on your shop's page and your item came up instantly 

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Have you let ebay know ? Perhaps if all sellers with a store who are having this same issue contact ebay, they might refine things ?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Hi,

yea I actually rang them yesterday to ask what's the best way to go about searching for individual items etc now the search button is gone and the lady said it has become a big issue and thanked me for my concern and they are already looking into it. See what happens I guess.

Yea but all the klyies will come up from around the world and there could be 100s or 1000s of them.

I also notice that all say my kylies are not together, sometimes they could be scattered all over the place on different pages.

At least with the search button in your shop the customer is only looking at your items and not everyone elses. Plus say I have 10 kylies in my shop and I need to change a few things it is a lot easier to just search for kylie and go from there. Thanks for your interest 😉

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Just your Kylie came up when I searched while I was on your shop page

It showed one Kylie item in your shop (I'm not sure if you have more at the moment) 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

152661252182324885.png

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

While in your shop, the search bar at the top of the page is your shop search bar

It says  "Search this store'

What more do you want?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

When in your store the main  search bar becomes an internal search bar.

If you look you will see that the search bar says Search within this store....it is not the general search bar and will not bring up listings that are not in your store.

Snap Stawks....should have read your post before jumping in to reply.

This is the system in use on a lot of overseas sites.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

sorry for the late reply.

Ha Ha yes I only have the one Kylie mounted photo. But I have for example Ryan Giggs items which includes photo's shirts, signed cards, boots, shirts etc not all my items are on the first few pages and there is 612 items with his name.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

When I search your store for Ryan Giggs, I see 8 items on the one page, but I only see photos listed

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal,

yes that works.  So I think both of you were right and yes that is better then my other option I was using.

Thank you  😉

I don't know what I was doing before but thanks to you two I have worked it out 😉

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply