The layout has changed on my listings page an now I cannot search for a particular item

Where has the search button gone so I can find a particular item in my listings?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The layout has changed on my listings page an now I cannot search for a particular item

I honestly do not know where another member's search button has gone, what their page layout used to look like or what it looks like now

Are you looking for one of your own items ?

If so, has the item ended and gone to completed listings?

Just people here like yourself, not ebay staff or anyone responsible for your layout being changed 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Have worked it out you type what you are looking for in the value bar.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@ all the moderators -

If a thread has been on a different board for TWO YEARS, and been dormant for that time, maybe there is no need to move it!

Read a book or something if you're bored.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@ all the moderators -

If a thread has been on a different board for TWO YEARS, and been dormant for that time, maybe there is no need to move it!

Or spend the time locking old threads, instead of going through 15 steps to move a dead thread to a new forum.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@ all the moderators -

Or spend the time locking old threads, instead of going through 15 steps to move a dead thread to a new forum.

I agree with both the posts quoted above.

It is frustrating enough that threads donโ€™t get locked after being dormant for a year, but to have old (read dead) threads moved is just messing with us.

If you like, I can direct you to a thread by the absent Australian Community manager where she posted that dormant thread would be locked.  That post was over two years ago, and nothing has changed.

Dear Moderators: Here are some links (not sure if everyone can click the link so relevant info is in spoilers)

These links show that michelleoz posted that old threads would be locked.

michelleoz says YES to locking threads:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Community-Discussion/Welcome/m-p/2065475#M147

Spoiler
relevant text from michelloz@ebay.com post:

in reply to k1ooo-slr-sales

Michelle, I get that there will be structural changes to the way the boards will be presented and function, but following the posts made on this thread I would like some simple yes/no answers to the following please:

- Buying and Selling boards threads locked after 12 months? (but still searchable and readable) Y/N

- (all other questions I posted removed for clarity)

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Chris,

Sure - not always as straight forward as y/n so I'm sure there will be follow up questions but here's your answers - as simple as I can keep them:

Buying and Selling boards threads locked after 12 months? (but still searchable and readable) Yes - This will be a manual process though so I can't guarantee it'll be 12 months exactly but we'll do a review once a month perhaps and lock old threads.

michelleoz started locking threads:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Community-Discussion/Welcome/m-p/2073697#M176

Spoiler
relevant text from michelloz@ebay.com:

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-saleswrote:

michelleoz@ebay.comwrote:

Buying and Selling boards threads locked after 12 months? (but still searchable and readable) Yes - This will be a manual process though so I can't guarantee it'll be 12 months exactly but we'll do a review once a month perhaps and lock old threads.

Michelle, another day another dragged up old thread.

If threads are going to have to be locked manually then can you, as the eBay Community Manager, give lithium a direction to start locking threads immediately?

On the buying board there are currently 34 pages of threads, and once you get half way down page 5 the threads have been idle for more than 12 months.

On the selling board there are currently 66 pages of threads, and once you get half way down page 9 the threads have been, you guessed it, idle for the last 12 months.

Mods already have the ability to lock threads manually, so all they need is a memo from the eBay Community Manager (that would be you michelleoz) to start locking threads.

If the mods are too busy then give me mod privileges for just one day and I'll lock all threads that have been idle for the last 12 months.  My eBay ID could be terminatoroz Smiley LOL  OR, in keeping with lithium mods IDs, I could be li.terminator Smiley LOL as I finished up working last year and have time to spare.

I really think I could do it in less than 24 hours, but I get power hungry and might do something to sly.

Thanks, Chris Mac 

Just an FYI on this, I am in the process of locking old threads. It is unfortunately a manual process and I've started with the selling board, working my way from oldest to newest, locking them in batches.

It will take some time but we're doing it. I'll start a new thread in here and perhaps you can post old ones that have been bumped and we'll look at whether we can lock them.

Michelle

A suggested quick way to lock dormant threads!

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Community-Discussion/Welcome/m-p/2075262#M180

Spoiler
post by me in reply to michelleoz:
@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote:

Just an FYI on this, I am in the process of locking old threads. It is unfortunately a manual process and I've started with the selling board, working my way from oldest to newest, locking them in batches.

It will take some time but we're doing it. I'll start a new thread in here and perhaps you can post old ones that have been bumped and we'll look at whether we can lock them.

Michelle

Michelle, I took a look at the selling boards thread list tonight.  I can see that you have made some progress in locking threads on page 66 of the thread list (my settings show the maximum number of threads per page so there are 66 pages of threads on my view).

Seeing as threads that have not been posted on in a year are on pages 9 to 66, I have a suggestion on how locking old threads could be done much quicker.  It would take a concerted effort by eBay and/or Lithium staff, and may need to be carried out in the wee small hours, but it would take 1/8 th the time it will take you if you continue the way your are now.

This is how I think it could be done quicker . . . . . start by locking EVERY SINGLE THREAD . . . . . . then unlock threads, starting at page 1 and continuing to half way down page 9.  This would be so much faster, and more effective than starting at page 66 and working your way down to 9.

Now, in the posts I have quoted michelleoz said sheโ€™d start a thread where we could alert her/mods about dragged up old threads.  She never did start that thread, but I did.  However, once we got to 100 threads we stopped posting them.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Community-Discussion/Old-threads-worthy-of-closing/m-p/2097953...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Dear Moderators: Here are some links (not sure if everyone can click the link so relevant info is in spoilers)

Just as I thought, the links are not available to everyone as the thread was by โ€˜invitation onlyโ€™.  Those were party to that thread will be able to click the link, but most others wonโ€™t be able to see the thread.  The relevant info is in the spoilers so everyone can see the posts I was referring to.

Same goes for the thread I started to report old threads that had been dragged up except that I did not do a spoiler for that.

Moderators should be able to click the links.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply