WHATS UP WITH THESE HACKED ACCOUNT BIDDERS AND IS EBAY CHECKING THIS

hi GUYS ANYONE ELSE HAD ISSUES WITH HACKED ACCOUNTS BIDDING ON ITEMS AND IS EBAY ON TO THIS

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

are these details showing in the buyer and send to address of the invoice  before you send it.  Check the item bid history to

ascertain the winning bidders  ebay Name,  then block that ID from bidding on your items.   ( I hope I am interpreting this thread

correct -  Otherwise disregard)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your caps lock is on.

How do you know they are hacked accounts ?

I am guessing you are referring to bidders bidding and not following through like they have twice with the 4x4.

Did you do unpaid cases for them so you get your fees back ?

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did the bidders come and look and decide that the 4 x 4 was not for them?

That is how cash on pickup is supposed to work as they cannot do a Not as Described dispute after taking delivery of the item..

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Hi when I went into send invoice it said : Account hacked
1hacker Street
Hackvilke
Hackville, NT 3567
Australia

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

NT postcodes start with 08. And with that address, it is not a hacked account. It is probably a kid.

Why are you sending an invoice for a vehicle? Surely it is a pickup item. Given eBay's current paranoia about pre-sale contact info, perhaps you should consider listing it somewhere else.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@maddy273 wrote:
Hi when I went into send invoice it said : Account hacked
1hacker Street
Hackvilke
Hackville, NT 3567
Australia

If you believe that an email containing those details would come from ebay or paypal then you have a lot to learn before you can trade safely on ebay.

Why would you be sending an email for a vehicle which should be cash on pickup....you don't want the buyer to use paypal do you?

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

are these details showing in the buyer and send to address of the invoice  before you send it.  Check the item bid history to

ascertain the winning bidders  ebay Name,  then block that ID from bidding on your items.   ( I hope I am interpreting this thread

correct -  Otherwise disregard)

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

1known2 hit the BIN on my 28K bus.

Unresponsive for 5 days then I see he posted bad feedback about the bus (specific stuff about it being full or rust and not passing rego etc... even though he didn't even see it!!)

Trouble is now I've relisted it genuine watchers will have doubts if they read that feedback.

Ebay have said they will remove feedback and report the user but the damage is done if anyone's seen it.  Why would someone do that?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Just checked and selected Send Invoice to see what would happen and saw attached

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Looks like it's the same group of scammers.

image host
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply