Who is sick of Seller Location Misrepresentation?Who thinks UBI smart parcel should be banned in AU?

Who is sick of Seller Location Misrepresentation?

Who thinks UBI smart parcel should be banned in AU? Im fed up with the overseas sellers saying they are in AU when they are not. Its obvious by the feedback they get from annoyed customers that their parcel has taken 3 weeks to arrive from Botany when they live in Sydney. Rather fishy and obvious. 

Im a seller of a quality product and Chinese sellers come in with a cheaper and inferior product with free postage and it takes sales from me because its cheap. Customers find out the hard way and usually end up back buying from me eventually but still its making my life on Ebay a bad experience. Im thinking of quiting. 

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Who is sick of Seller Location Misrepresentation?Who thinks UBI smart parcel should be banned in AU?

People need to stop constantly buying from these scammers

It very clearly states where each and every seller is registered

If everyone stopped buying from those registered in 'such countries' and said seller's feedback is neg upon neg upon neg then pretty soon those sellers would be done

Sadly so many people choose to keep on buying and keep these 'sellers' going and going 

Customers do not have to find out the hard way if they took a few simple steps to avoid many of the problems

Might be 'easy' to click and buy without bothering to read past the heading, sure ends up taking a lot longer in the end

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

You would be very hard-pressed to find any member that likes it, but eBay is not going to do anything about (the Asian) sellers doing it. As has been said before on the boards, check in their feedback where they are registered and if there are any negs for misrepresenting item location/slow delivery.

Off topic, but why are you subscribing to a store when you have so few sales? Most members here will say that for a store to be viable you need over 100 listings AND a good sell-through rate, otherwise you're just putting money is eBay's pocket.

G'day bear.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

"It very clearly states where each and every seller is registered"

yes it does - but ebay provides the filter to search for Item location: Australia Only

Buyers should not have to go beyond that.. It is something that gives a terrible "buying experience" to thousands of new (and not so new) members.

If eBay were at all concerned about their brand they would do something about it.. You'd think..

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I understand the dislike of Chinese sellers, but I've rarely had a problem.

You buy cheap, you get cheap.  I don't expect  quality.

And where are your 'quality' goods made, if not in China?

And this bit, in your listings -

Buy Bags Online is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damages during delivery. 

Yes, you are.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

unfortunately, they make ebay AU so much money, they're never going to clamp down on it. they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. they could almost survive solely on the fees from chinese sellers on ebay AU alone. it's a sad state of affairs. 

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Ebay allows sellers to put the item listing as anywhere, the seller can put the moon as the item location as far as ebay are concerned

Where the seller is registered should be where the item location is set to (State and country at least)

If the seller is registered elsewhere overseas and chooses to say the item is in Australia ,then said seller should have to 'apply' to ebay to do so, make them jump through a couple of hoops might turn some of the scammers off, especially if they have to do it EVERY time

We all know ebay won't and don't care, hence it falls on the buyer to check before bidding/buying

Ebay are'nt going to do it

It's not right but it is the reality 

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Who's sick of seeing a new thread almost every day on the same topic that's been covered in dozens of other threads?

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

I just love it when newbies come to the boards with a complaint and when told the realities of the situation turn round and accuse the long time posters of being too lazy to contact ebay to make their complaints known.

Pity they don't spend a few hours reading the boards first to see how long the same complaint has been reported here before flinging accusations around.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Hi Padi, Yeah i hear you but I am just starting up. I have more products on the way. 

It was costing me more in fees before. Ive only subscribed to the $24 a month option. 

I had another store with 400 products but ive sold that business. 

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply