Who is the idiot who keeps changing the format of the site?

Why can you no longer search for used items??

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

This site was better back in 2000 when I first signed up.

Every time some clown makes a change, it's for the worse.

Take it back to how it was and leave it alone!!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Thanks for labelling the board responders clowns and idiots!!

We certainly can't and don't change anything on the site and ebay does not read here to see your complaint.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

whitey_66, you are not posting here to eBay or its employees.

The people who respond and give advice or help are fellow eBay members, most of whom have a great deal of experience in knowing how to handle upsetting or difficult situations on eBay. The standard of assistance voluntarily given here by those eBay members is considerably higher and more accurate than eBay's Customer Service tends to be.

No one here is an eBay IT employee.

No one here is eBay management.

@whitey_66 wrote:

Why can you no longer search for used items?? Can you not search for used items? I have no problem in doing so; I've just tested it. Just enter a search term into the search term field, then look at your left column. Scroll down until you see Condition. Beneath that, you can select "used". For instance, if I enter the search term "Wedgwood", Condition appears just below Brand.

Condition

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. You're not posting to eBay's IT department. Posting an old truism and applying it to site functionality would be better applied in a complaint to eBay - except that eBay actually do not care. eBay used to be less blatant about this uninterest in member's suggestions for improvement, as you can see from this old page about sending suggestions. But that old page is a dead page; its links to send suggestions about the site or to send suggestions about new categories or category structure modification are dead links that lead to what I call an "oops" page (where eBay says "Something went wrong. We're sorry").

This site was better back in 2000 when I first signed up. I don't doubt it. Some changes were inevitable. Some of the changes are for the better. Some are definitely not. There are several functionalities which eBay once had that are no longer available - much to many people's regret - and there are policies that eBay has now which in my opinion are to its detriment now and which I think make eBay less attractive to both buyers and sellers. eBay don't care. eBay's management and executives don't make decisions about eBay for the benefits of the members who use it; they make decisions on the basis of the highest possible profit for the company, and the highest possible salary for the directors.

Every time some clown makes a change, it's for the worse. eBay management decisions may well be viewed as Dogberry misadventures, but those particular Bottoms or Dogberries are not here! Neither the management or directors making the decisions, nor the IT teams who code those decisions.

Take it back to how it was and leave it alone!! We cannot. And eBay management, directors and IT will not.

I understand you're upset by what appeared to you to be a missing functionality, but it isn't a world-changing issue, is it? I do realise that you misunderstood the function and details of this board. You saw  Discussion Boards  >  Inside eBay  >  Community Feedback, and thought you'd reached eBay itself. You hadn't.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

p_carte
Community Member

I guess the internets primary function is **bleep**ing about stuff. Sometimes I think my grandfather survives on nothing but petty grievances and Aldi home brand cups of tea.

Software nostalgia is a beautiful thing, how quickly we forget how slowly the pages loaded and scrolled on Windows 2000. Software needs to be continually updated to keep pace with technology and the needs of both the physical and virtual environment.

The changes in on screen format are mostly to accommodate hand held device functionality and the new voice prompt/voice to text search capability's being rolled out with operating system updates.

Changes are made daily and always have been.

Just think of trying to load a slideshow of ten Hi Res images on Win 2000. ๐Ÿ™‚ So how good was the site really back then?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Hey Whitey,  type in what you're searching for, and on the left hand side is this -

condition.PNG

Wow.  whadya know?  It weren't broke after all.

Thanks for calling us clowns

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Oh that was me

I was so touched by the humble and polite request, I changed it back

Like ebay would give a toss even if they did read here 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@whitey_66 wrote:

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Everyone who uses that term thinks they're being soooo original and clever...

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Indeed

But you know what thought did ........................................

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Easy mistake. Might I suggest to the other respondents, that if there aren't any used items listed for the said searched item, that 'used' wouldn't be given as an option at all? Just a thought and no need to make fun of the op. What galls me is the pleasure you people seem to take in belittling people. Yes people vent. That's what a forum is for. Nothing wrong with correcting them but getting together in your narly little pack to laugh about it is kind of sad. Get a life

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Apart from the fact that this thread is 18 months old and the OP has never returned, why do you think it is OK for the OP to call us idiots and clowns when s/he does not know how to use the site?

As the OP has never returned we can only assume that he did not want help anyway.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply