Why NO eBay Credit, WHY, WHY, WHY

How Pathetic as sellers on eBay Australia we still have no option to offer BUYERS a truly hassle free buying experience by offering credit to Buyers so they can BUY NOW and pay off in installments.

It will be the downfall of eBay Australia as the US has had it via PayPal Credit for years and now every Online Australian Retailer has it via AFTERPAY or one of the DOZEN other providers that have popped up over the last couple of years.

WHAT A DISGRACE

WAKE UP eBay, seriously, we are coming up to the busiest time of the year for a lot of sellers and BUYERS ONLINE are avoiding eBay like the plague because this option has not been put into place as yet.

I'm not sure there is anything more pathetic, charge commissions on postage, yeah, not a problem, but to lift sales across the whole eBay community moving forward, and all you get is crickets.

Not sure it gets any worse, something so simple, yet eBay fail to act, that my friends unfortunately is the main reason why eBay Australia is going down the sinkhole quicker than it can open

Zipay

Afterpay

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Have you expressed you opinion on this to ebay?

They don't read these boards so won't see your thoughts on the matter unless you tell them by contacting them

Personally, as a buyer, I have exactly 0 interest in the option and would not use it even if or when it were offered 

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Why berate ebay?

You said it yourself, it has been available in the US via PAYPAL credti for years.

Take your argument where it belongs - to Paypal.

Ebay is not a financial  entity.

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Interest Free they are as well, you said 0 Interest

I feel sick to the guts thinking about the amount of times I've expressed this to eBay and PayPal in writing and verbally and all I get is crickets.

Either eBay don't give a stuff or the market in Australia is not worth the trouble.

Who as a buyer wouldn't want to buy something and pay it off over 4 instalments interest free and get the goods up front?

You may not be interested, but the online sales being driven by eBays competitors says you are in a very small minority.

eBay USA has had it for years with PayPal Credit.

It's high time eBay lets us all know what they are doing about it, because every SELLER on eBay is loosing money hand over fist with no CREDIT option.

You say eBay doesn't read these boards, that would not suprise lol

Just confirms they don't care less what there members have to say, totally revenue driven, I don't think they would be so stupid

Maybe the people who have a financial interest in eBay wojld be interested to know what online competitors of eBy offer as STANDARD PRACTICE compared to eBays zero credit offerings.

Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Other online retailers are NOT financial institutions either

I can yell to lol

At the end of the day, eBay should be doing everything in there power to increase sales and it's obvious they are not.

Pretty simple really, eBay's competitors are offering a solution that eBay is yet to implement.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Someone addresses the ELEPHANT in the room and gets attacked for doing it.

Well done.

Enough from me.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

To each their own 

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

every SELLER on eBay is loosing money hand over fist with no CREDIT option.

I assume you meant losing not loosing.

I doubt I am losing any, much less hand over fist. And I suspect I'm not alone, as you appear to be a lone voice lamenting this apparent lack over at least the last few years.

I suspect most sellers would sheet lower sales to eBay's constant meddling, not whether or not buyer's can purchase on the never-never

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

So with this Paypal credit, does the seller get their money straight away? Or only when Paypal have received their last payment?

And what happens when the buyer, after the second payment, says they can't pay the next instalment because "their grandmother died", "my budgie had to have a hernia operation" or " my dog ate my homework" excuse? Is the seller, once again, left to suck eggs?

Buy something, pay for it in full, no debts hanging over your head. Or is that just me?

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

I believe Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Diners offer a way for buyers to purchase on credit.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply