eBay Global Shipping Program

Is anyone other than me irritated with the GSP?

In recent times I have had two small parcels sent from overseas. One from the US and the other from the UK. In both cases the ONLY method of carriage was using the GSP.

The GSP system WILL NOT accept a P.O. Box address and this led to difficulties with payment and a lenghty dialogue with eBay staff. And without an acceptable address you can not pay. Ultimately I ended up with a non payment rating that needed further work to overcome.

The UK parcel could have been sent using the Royal Mail system, with tracking, for 80% of the cost charged by the GSP which took 10 days to deliver versus of 5 to 7 days for the Royal Mail system based on personal experience - and the delivery point was my P.O. Box address which is far more secure that having stuff left at my residential front door.

To add insult the GSP system uses Australia Post for the final leg of the journey, probably because I live in regional Australia and not a capital city.

I say "Lift your game eBay! Make the cahrges comensurate or less than alternatives, get delivery times the same as competitors and where your system finishes the journey using a countries' post system allow P.O. Box delivery"

To sellers I offer that you would be wise to offer alternatives other than the GSP and allow your customer to choose the shipping method. I now generally avoid sellers who only offer the GSP as their carriage method.

I wonder if I am alone

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I stay away from sellers showing GSP as postage. Too slow and expensive.

However if you need a large bulky item from O.S., I have heard the GSP is very well priced.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You could always ask the seller prior to purchase if they would consider sending another way. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply