warrenty enforcement

### BEWARE SELLER ....

Seller making statuary warrenty clam on 2 failed 18v dewalt batteries .

Both failed with a week of each other,,

seller says i pay to ship to other side of country to do full breakdown of batteries to "Test" with their technition ...

This makes me at the mercy of their technition,,,

Also makes cost of registered post  uneconomic to even clain on warrenty,

This is trickery,,& employee refused 5 requests to have matter referred to manager or owner of business..

Just parrots messages & recycles replys ,ignoring whatever i write//.

Ebay needs to wake up & control thse rogue traders..

this is why many are leaving ebay & after many years i am now considering the Many Many alternatives to ebay.these days..

I am refering this matter to ACCC to investigate ...

But alas thiis all takes time ...(wasted time)

Ebay is a mature business now & should have its traders firmly under control..by now,but is increasingly dificult to get a reliable trader or product on todays ebay,,

Quite frankly this is not good enough especially ebay seeming lacking any mechanism to report or address non compliance to statiturary trading laws..

i have had more than several of this type of incidents recently..

I have made purchases from ALIbaba 7 few other sites recently to great sucess.!

Thanks for reading this from a disenchanted ebayer. 

cheers

jeff

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: warrenty enforcement

@jeffgcompass,

First of all, the Community guidelines preclude you from naming the seller. A moderator will probably remove the seller's name from your post.

Secondly, I can see from  feedback left by you that you've had similar issues with sellers who - while they are registered on eBay.com.au as being in Australia - are clearly not selling from goods held in Australia, and are drop-shipping.

I'm not sure you have been making wise purchase decisions - particularly not if you're expecting warranties on the products you've been buying.

A quick looks at this particular seller's negative feedback shows warning signs of the sort of problem you've mentioned:

Negative feedback ratingProduct arrived broken      Buyer:t***o ( 1 )   During past 6 months  

Battery For Samsung 14.4V Navibot VCR8895 VC-RE72V SR8855 SR8751 Vacuum Cleaner (#162270063208) AU $39.89  

Negative feedback rating9 days to arrive. Drop shipped from Singapore.       Buyer: h***i ( 1367Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)   During past year

Negative feedback ratingDeceptive. Use Australian flags & names like SYDFACTORY to trick you.      Buyer: 0***0 ( 1539Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)   During past year

Negative feedback ratingVery Un-ethical seller. Misleading & deceptive practices on multiple accounts.       Buyer: 0***0 ( 1539Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)   During past year

Negative feedback ratingBetter not😡😡😡😡😡       Buyer: h***n ( 78Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)   During past year

Negative feedback ratingAbsolute rubbish broke down in less than a week. EBay had to sort out.       Buyer: o***4 ( 301Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)   During past year  

2X Batteries For Dewalt 18V 3.0Ah Ni-MH Heavyduty DW9095 DW9098 DC9039 DC9099 AU (#162142343744) AU $54.99  

Negative feedback ratingarrived 9 days late       Buyer:a***w ( 48Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49During past year

Negative feedback ratingpost said 2 days from when I bought it, took 12 days       Buyer: s***s ( 232Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)   During past year

Carbon Brushes For Milwaukee M18 HD18AG Drill 2601-20 C18PD,C18DD,C18IW C18ID (#162039843752) AU $21.57  

Negative feedback ratingpoor communication , never received the item .       Buyer: n***d ( 95Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)   During past year

Negative feedback ratingWrong charger sent. Requested refund of return postage,half refunded.Poor show!       Buyer:a***l ( 330Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)   During past year

2X Battery For Makita 18V Drill 3.0Ah Ni-MH Heavyduty 1835F 8390D 8444D+charger (#162305130830) AU $115.65 

Negative feedback ratingAdapter is 12V, not 18V as advertised. No use at all.       Buyer:  s***a ( 79Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)   During past year

You can report sellers who misrepresent item location, if you want.

But for the future, perhaps check sellers' negatives before purchasing...? If warranty is important, buy from a genuine Australian business with whom you can have Australian consumer protection.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Reading the seller's feedback would make me want to head for the hills

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The ACCC will investigate claims on businesses registered in Australia only.

eBay cannot do anything if buyers choose to buy from unauthorized resellers of goods.

It is up to the buyer to research and purchase from authorised sellers with genuine warranties.

If you are buying a brand new Toyota with full warranty, you would go to a Toyota dealer.

You wouldn't go to Rajeshes very excellent new cars. Smiley Wink

Members of eBay need to learn to treat eBay like you would a classified newspaper as it is essentially the same.

eBay cannot vet and control what advertisers do, in fact with the feedback system in place it is more informative than a classified newspaper.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Howdy there

yep i for got to mention the batteries were purchased 10months ago ..before most of the negative feedback ..

I was one of the early ones caught pretending to be australian company based..

im disabled but not silly so ,,have been in contact with Accc working on the premise as by their definition are Australian trader ,,,thusly is a potential back revinue target of Australian Tax Office,

I am also TO converse with ..eBAY AS REGARDS VICARIOUS LIABILITY... ie if they are to the knowledge therof ,# dont act in the best interest consumer..

But i must add "i have always found ebay and excellent opperator.."

My only dissatisfaction is the feedback is ONLY for delivery system of business& first glance at product..

It really doesnt reflect the after sales service ,quality control ,even if repair or replacement of defective product.

This i believe is the true KPI indicators i would prefer to see a business measuresed up to.!

If the feedback is 12 mths (as per our country's fair trade warrenty laws) it gives reasonable time for a consumer to acuratly measure a product and the  "after sales service.." ..this would give an accurate refection for true marketplace performance.

( Hey ..Lets evolve ebay haha)

I Rarely go on community posts...but alas , under frustration of wanting to let all ebayers know the truth ..& avoid this trader..

I was unaware i contravened any protocols...ooops....

Further to this trader <Removed> originally i was to the belief its parent company is <Removed>

This may just be some sweetheart deal ...(Like post office box..)

Again this is a matter for ACCC.

thanks guys 

cheers

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@jeffgcompass wrote:

I Rarely go on community posts...but alas , under frustration of wanting to let all ebayers know the truth ..& avoid this trader..

I was unaware i contravened any protocols...ooops....

And then you go and name and shame the seller on a public forum again, despite being aware that it contravenes the board policies......sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply