That's the number of women murdered this year by their partners.

Yes, another woman was murdered by her partner today.

That is the 4th woman this week.

it averages out at 2 women killed every week.

We can talk until we are blue in the face about what a threat terrorism is. But terrorism pales in comparison to this.

And, as usual, todays deaths barely rates a mention in the newspapers. And, as usual, our politicians couldn't care less.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

i didnt know he's been charged with her murder

Message 3 of 72
Latest reply

Woman Sad

Do the Abbott's still own a house in Forestville?

Message 4 of 72
Latest reply

its a start i suppose

The country's first dedicated domestic violence minister has promised to radically shift the government's focus to preventing violence rather than "picking up the broken pieces after a tragedy".

Pru Goward was appointed Australia's first Minister for the Prevention of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault on Wednesday, in addition to her roles as Minister for Women, Minister for Mental Health, Minister for Medical Research and Assistant Minister for Health.

One of Ms Goward's first tasks will be establishing the promised Domestic Violence Offenders Registry, allowing women to apply to check a partner's previous history of violence.

Message 5 of 72
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Woman Sad

Do the Abbott's still own a house in Forestville?

Smiley Surprised 

Message 6 of 72
Latest reply

As I said, this murder has barely rated a mention (and has now dropped off all the online headlines of all 3 of those news outlets you highlighted).

But my point is not whether it has made the news.

In fact, why isn't it DOMINATING the news? Why isn't this death (or any of the other 3 this week) headlining every single piece of media in this country?

My point is, this woman is statistic number 38.

Message 7 of 72
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

As I said, this murder has barely rated a mention (and has now dropped off all the online headlines of all 3 of those news outlets you highlighted).

But my point is not whether it has made the news.

In fact, why isn't it DOMINATING the news? Why isn't this death (or any of the other 3 this week) headlining every single piece of media in this country?

My point is, this woman is statistic number 38.

Yes, it should be dominating the news, like the couple of cowards who punched young men dominated the news for weeks but unfortunately we have a PM who doesn't give a rats, who has no real comprehension of the problem and who would rather whip up a frenzy about a few terrorists overseas.

Message 8 of 72
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

its a start i suppose

The country's first dedicated domestic violence minister has promised to radically shift the government's focus to preventing violence rather than "picking up the broken pieces after a tragedy".

Pru Goward was appointed Australia's first Minister for the Prevention of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault on Wednesday, in addition to her roles as Minister for Women, Minister for Mental Health, Minister for Medical Research and Assistant Minister for Health.

One of Ms Goward's first tasks will be establishing the promised Domestic Violence Offenders Registry, allowing women to apply to check a partner's previous history of violence.

Appoint a minister but cut the budget? How does that work?

Allocate $16.7million over 3 years to domestic violence and a whopping $1.3 billion (yes, BILLION!) for one year? How does that make any sense?

Redirect that $16.7million to advertising (although most will be eaten up with the register noted above) and take away all funding to shelters and advocacy? How is that reasonable?

Message 9 of 72
Latest reply

ok.  i cant find anything in the news stating it was 

a murder but as i said, throughout the day this WAS

being reported in the media.  do you listen to the 

radio?

Message 10 of 72
Latest reply