Bah bye Tone

OMG I am so glad! - phew my ears could not take it anymore

all that umming and ZA ing and not actually saying anything was murdering my ears, seriously, place yourself ion public office -LEARN HOW TO SPEAK FIRST!!

Now we have a leader who has statesman material and can actually speak eloquently and concisley!

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Bah bye Tone

of course I read it, but it's hard to understand how he was able to host a party, but not able to turn up in Parliament all week

Message 91 of 125
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

of course I read it, but it's hard to understand how he was able to host a party, but not able to turn up in Parliament all week

So what? many have not done so and in fact the one that shouldn't have turned up was the blubbering malevolent Rudd, an embarrassment to himself and to the country.

Mr Abbott has been removed from the PM position, you have got what you wanted what's the problem?. It's about time you cast your eye over the likes of Shorten and Plibbersek and give a decent human being the dignity he deserves.

Message 92 of 125
Latest reply

@djlukjilly wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

how weird is this though??  so he said his farewells and hopped on the VIP jet, but did he really leave or did he leave and fly back?? I hope all  this wasn't at taxpayers expense

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-and-his-old-boys-party-at-kirribil...

Tony Abbott almost had us fooled when he said he was about to say his final farewells to Sydney's prime ministerial pad on Friday afternoon

But just two hours later Mr Abbott was back, if not as a resident then as a very familiar guest, welcoming more than 50 St Ignatius old boys for their 40th reunion.

did you read the rest of your link? lol

The reunion had been in the planning stages for months and was supposed to be a very covert operation.

With Monday night's leadership challenge seeing Abbott out of the big gig, organisers were frantically trying to work out what to do, but all were assured that the party would continue as planned, despite Margie Abbott being photographed packing up the family's Tupperware in preparation for eviction and their return to Forestville.

And in a move completely at odds with Australia's revolving door PM policy, they did not scramble for a replacement, but stuck with their original plan.

Earlier on Friday afternoon Abbott and Margie packed up the family cars, loading up a canoe, a surfboard, a bike and their dog.

They looked like any couple about to take a family holiday.

Perhaps tomorrow, nursing a hangover, that's exactly what Abbott will do.

They just do not  read the full link, it seems that reading whole articles that have full details are not appreciated so they can still flog the dead horse.

As I said before, we couild do with a lot more people with the integrity of Tony Abbott and we certainly do not need the low likes of B.S Shorten. He will never be PM and in a funny way we can thank Tony Abbott for that.

So, what was with the big charade and photo op of being seen packing up and moving out if he was back there a couple of hours later? I get that the party may have been previously organised but other events took over but why the big "moving out" thing.  We surely aren't naïve enough to think Marg and Tony wrapped and packed all their own stuff are we?

Message 93 of 125
Latest reply

Abbott did shed tears acording to his deputy.  I doubt she would have made it up.  But in private in contrast to Rudd.

Message 94 of 125
Latest reply

Lurker, he didn't even live there, his daughter Frances did, paying $250 a week rent. abbott lived at AFP headquarters

but it looks like he may have used Kirribilli for storage of his sporting equipment  Woman LOL

Message 95 of 125
Latest reply

So did I Deb.  Of course the Australian says it was privately funded.  They come up with that a lot these days don't they?

Joono
Message 96 of 125
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

Abbott did shed tears acording to his deputy.  I doubt she would have made it up.  But in private in contrast to Rudd.

These people are human after all, they deserve the dignity to leave without making a big fuss about themselves.

Who will ever forget the 30 minute "I'm proud of the fact" speech Rudd made, it was humiliating for him and uncomfortable to watch. Being all about him as it was and nothing about the country or the people.

Message 97 of 125
Latest reply

The Australian is the only paper saying that, still running the 'protectionist' thing no doubt lol

Message 98 of 125
Latest reply

abbott never even mentioned Turnbull in his speech which was quite rude, it was all about him and the media wasn't it??

Message 99 of 125
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

This is taken from the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd handbook on how to run a government.   THE DEAD HORSE THEORY OF BUREAUCRACY

The tribal wisdom of the Plains Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that "When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

Mime-attachment

However, in Labor governments and their supporters more advanced strategies are often employed, such as:

1.  Buying a stronger whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

4. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.

5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead  horse.

8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.

9. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.

10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's performance.

11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.

12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses,

and, of course...

13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Message 100 of 125
Latest reply