Boy found unresponsive in car

Boy found unresponsive in car had 'climbed into back and hidden', police say

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/mother-didnt-know-son-was-hiding-in-car-when-she-went-to-work/...

so, he was in the car from say 9am until mid afternoon?

didnt the school notice he wasnt in class?

did they not make a call to a parent as to his non attendence? at which point i would have thought alarm bells would have rung?

they do still do 'roll call' first thing dont they?

johnny? is johnny here? does anyone know where johnny is? no? ok. jimmy, run down to the front office and give them this note (note saying johnny smith not here, please call parents)

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Boy found unresponsive in car

@johcaschro wrote:

I've got to ask this question: Why didn't the boy just open the car door and get out before he collapsed into unconsciousness?

Is it possible that once the car was centrally locked by his mother, it then, couldnt be opened from the inside?

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

I was also wondering if the car has a door locking system which effectively locked him in and trapped him inside?

I don't know much about these modern cars with on-board computers and keyless entry devices.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Is it possible that once the car was centrally locked by his mother, it then, couldnt be opened from the inside?

If that's the case then it is negligence on the part of the car manufacturer. It's a safety issue after all. What's the point of making it impossible to exit a vehicle? It's downright dangerous.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

You can open the doors from the inside.   The alarm would go off, that's all.

Maybe he thought he would get into trouble?

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

@johcaschro wrote:

I was also wondering if the car has a door locking system which effectively locked him in and trapped him inside?

I don't know much about these modern cars with on-board computers and keyless entry devices.

I dont know much about them either, was the only thing I could think of re him not opening the door and getting out of the car

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Maybe he thought he would get into trouble?

More trouble than ending up in the emergency room of the local hospital, you mean?

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Well,  an 8 yo is not gunna think like that, is he?

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Turns out he was playing a game of hide n seek.

He wins.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Well,  an 8 yo is not gunna think like that, is he?

All kids think/react differently Stawka   .....  I know my 3 did   ... who know why he didnt open the door, the fact is he didnt

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Tell me about it. 

I have a 10 yo grandson and I still can't figure out his thinking, most times.

I think the whorls in his brain go in a different direction to everyone else's

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply