Boy found unresponsive in car

Boy found unresponsive in car had 'climbed into back and hidden', police say

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/mother-didnt-know-son-was-hiding-in-car-when-she-went-to-work/...

so, he was in the car from say 9am until mid afternoon?

didnt the school notice he wasnt in class?

did they not make a call to a parent as to his non attendence? at which point i would have thought alarm bells would have rung?

they do still do 'roll call' first thing dont they?

johnny? is johnny here? does anyone know where johnny is? no? ok. jimmy, run down to the front office and give them this note (note saying johnny smith not here, please call parents)

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Boy found unresponsive in car

Well,  an 8 yo is not gunna think like that, is he?

Who knows? I like to believe that (at 8 yrs old) I would have been able to make the distinction between "trouble" and being at risk of dying.

Perhaps they're not breeding 8 year olds like they used to?

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Or thinking mothers either

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

I still can;t figure out how she couldnt/didnt realise he didnt get out of the car  in the first place

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Cos she was stupid.

The police are saying it was an accident.  But I think she should be charged with negligence,  mainly because that's what it was.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Just for information's sake, how many children end up dead from being left in a hot car in Australia?  In the US, it's almost endemic..........this past Summer there were incidents in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and California, amongst others.  How can a parent (or car-giver) forget the kid in the back seat?

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Don't know the statistics for children's deaths in hot cars, but in Kopes' link it states -

Last year, Victorian paramedics were called to 1500 incidents where they had to treat children who had become lost or stuck in their parent's car

And that's just one State.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply