Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault

Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault, sexual harassment during Rocky Horror Show

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-08/craig-mclachlan-accused-of-indecent-assault-sexual-harassment/...

well i guess thats his acting life is over.

pity these girls didnt say something at the time so i could believe them.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Don't you read your own links?   They did, and nothing was done.

The ABC has seen documentation including emails, texts and a doctor's referral which support the women's claims.

Their reports have been backed by other members of the cast and band and by people they confided in at the time.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Clearly going to the police at the time might have been a better option than depending on management to fix it.

It makes you wonder how many more perpetrators out there are now wondering if the axe will fall.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I suspect the police would view it as 'he said/she said' situation.

Whereas management would know their character, and have a stern word.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Why didn't they do any thing at the time?

Maybe no one believed them.

They were threatened by someone who was more well known and had more power?

You don't believe them because of the time passed? 

Do you understand how hallowing it is to go through a rape or sexual assault. You can barely deal with yourself let alone the police, courts, medical exams.

It is people like you that make it hard for sexual crime victims to come forward. You dismiss their credibility for the slightest action that doesn't meet your approval. She should have done this, she shouldn't have done that.

Tell me David do you dismiss adults who come forward with allegations of child sexual abuse many years later or is just women who have a timer on them?

Yes with the police it can is a she/he said thing. It is a hard crime to prosecute.

And at the time alleged rapist could still cross examine their victims making even more hallowing and degrading for them.

Sorry I'm just sick of the victim blaming. These people who rape and assault know full well that all they need to do is tarnish the victim's credibility in some way and they're home free. And people like David buy into it, only questioning the victims actions never the male's

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I'm not on anyone's side or know the facts in these allegations however lets not forget the accused has come out and said they are lies and the girls are out for self gain. One story against another.

So lets not paint any pictures before we have the facts and I think it would be awful for CM if it turns out the girls have teamed up for self gain. I have met some very manipulating, conniving females with no scruples in my time.

image host
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

If you read the boards you will see that the only opinion that matters to David is his own.....you will never be able to change his mind once he has decided where he stands on a subject.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Wow 7.30 report  is very revealing :womansurprised 

no doubt in my mind about the truth of these women.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Im hoping I can watch it somewhere?  People are becoming brave, speaking up, seeing all the other women is giving them the confidence to come forward, doesn't matter if it was years ago, the perpetrator should not be able to get away with this.  Loved Oprah's speech today at the Golden Globes, brought me to tears...very powerful.  And it wasn't just addressed to the celebs it was more to all the women out there who have to stick at their jobs I(cleaners, factory workers etc) and put up with this behaviour. 

Im fairly sure if the women were making this up they would come undone very quickly.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Wow 7.30 report  is very revealing :womansurprised 

no doubt in my mind about the truth of these women.

I saw the show too. The women were very believable and seemed to have some symptoms of PTSD. If their claims are true, then he forcefully and aggressively took advantage of them to commit sexual abuse. The alleged offences are definitely worthy of a police investigation.

One thing the show clarified for me is the need for the entertainment industry to be cleaned up. They do need clear behavioural guidelines that all parties (male and female) should be obligated to follow, and it should be monitored. It is bothering that the women did report their concerns at the time and even the females they spoke to did nothing. The three women looked damaged and frightened, but unwilling to stay silent. I think they are very courageous.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply