Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

2014 was

Hottest year in NSW

2nd hottest in VIC

Hottest year overall in Australia

Hottest year on the planet.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

What will Abbott do?

Dec 2014

Tony Abbott appoints climate skeptic to “help” on environment

Bob Baldwin, a man who once compared the impact of Australia’s man-made greenhouse gas emissions to that of a single strand of human hair on a 1km bridge, has been appointed parliamentary secretary to the minister of the environment.

In a speech in China in 2010, at the APEC SME summit, Baldwin said that the climate had been changing for millions of years – a favourite meme of the climate denier community – and even praised Rupert Murdoch as “the starting point for green innovation”.

Message 7701 of 17,615
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

AM3

Talking about corporate tax and obligations and I wold love to know if you are ver going to fulfil yours.

After a period, people should be forced to fulfil them.

I am fulfilling my obligations.  I don't owe any tax. I meet all other obligations. Seeing as you are so fixated on this issue, report me to the ATO or whoever.....getting boring now... repeating the same old mantra.. doesn't bother me, no one else is interested.

There are no forced repayments, so pointless mentioning it.

Message 7702 of 17,615
Latest reply

tumblr_mnvhi7mpvD1sq3r4so1_500.jpg

Message 7703 of 17,615
Latest reply

16 January 2015

TIME

A Bad Day for Climate Change Deniers … And the Planet

Three new studies offer new proof of how bad the earth's fever has gotten

Message 7704 of 17,615
Latest reply

Am,  don't even bother answering the personal questions which are just an attempt to derail the thread. 

Message 7705 of 17,615
Latest reply

"Coal companies lock up large regions of NSW"

"Mining accounted for just 0.1 per cent of NSW's land compared with 76 per cent for agriculture, a spokesman for the NSW Minerals Council said."

"Among the LGAs surveyed, the rich farmlands of the Liverpool Plains have so far seen only limited acquisition by the coalminers – at just 5038 hectares or about 1 per cent of the area. "

However, of the coal licences granted in the NSW Labor era this might be remembered (?):

NSW ICAC recommends inquiry coal licences at Mount Penny and Doyles Creek be cancelled.

Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg

Message 7706 of 17,615
Latest reply

as usual morman12 you have posted yet another pointless post....yawn.

Message 7707 of 17,615
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

Am,  don't even bother answering the personal questions which are just an attempt to derail the thread. 

Yes they are 'bait', they even admit to using 'tactics' like that.

Just such a 'non event' to even be bothered making posts about... so repetitive too. Memory loss maybe.

Might have to keep repeating the story about Verity Barton, MP QLD, drove without a licence, myself.

Message 7708 of 17,615
Latest reply

Am, that post about jobs back there is like a mini Godwin's Law. Used when things aren't going too well. I'd ignore it too
Message 7709 of 17,615
Latest reply

insults.jpg 

Message 7710 of 17,615
Latest reply