Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Double Standards

burke geelong.jpg

Message 2 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

Yes, it was probably a rort, and it is certainly only the tip of a huge iceberg. I suspect there are currently quite a few MPson both sides of the house flooking anxiously over their shoulders right now There are a couple of differences though. Whatever outrage and punishment would have been appropriate at the time,Tony Burke is no longer a government minister and therefore holds no position of authority from which he can be sacked. If he were to be sacked from parliament, then logically Bronny would have to go too.

Also, greedy and unehtical as Burke's claim may have been, it probably did fall within the permitted guidelines - Bishop's didn't'

Prime Minister Tony Abbott is being noticeably and wisely circumspect in criticising opposition MP
"Tony Burke's expansive use of "entitlements", in which his family was flown business class to Uluru to join him on ministerial business in 2012."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/why-tony-abbott-has-been-reluctant-to-criti...

Message 3 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

front of burke.jpg

Message 4 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

it probably did fall within the permitted guidelines - Bishop's didn't

what exactly was not  done in accordance with

the guidelines and within entitlement  ??

Message 5 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

front of burke.jpg

Message 6 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

Parliament is not sitting, and there's no real news.  The media appears to be hyping us all.  

Is it just the actual Entitlements List that is being cried over by the media?  

Or the overpayment by the "approver" of the Entitlement, and subsequent payback request being made public?

DEB

Message 7 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

i think it has something to do with

burke's glass house...

Message 8 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

Records show Mr Burke received complimentary tickets to a Robbie Williams concert from a touring company

The Manager of Oppostion Business will also repay the costs of travel to a Robbie Williams concert he attended with his children amid the ongoing parliamentary expenses scandal.

"We have a review being undertaken as we speak, and let me just say on that I find it strange that the chief spear-thrower for the Labor Party was Mr Burke, who had to repay not once, not twice, not three times, not even 10 times, but 15 times,"

Message 9 of 70
Latest reply

Double Standards

it seems some dont know the difference between 'job entitlement' and 'sense of entitlement'..

upend the trough

Message 10 of 70
Latest reply