Finally

marwi_3023
Community Member
Bollards are being installed in Melbourne. Flinders Street today.
For too long cities have relied on driver's skills keeping them away from pedestrians.
With more and more accidents involving people hitting the accelerator instead of the brake and driving into shops and other buildings bollards should have been becoming more prevalent but as usual money is more important than people
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Finally

imastawka
Honored Contributor

There are bollards in Bourke Street too.

They won't stop the more determined ones who want to run pedestrians down.

After all, the trams still have to have access.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Finally

index.jpg

Mandatory hook turns at either end of the shared walkway... That'll stop 'em... ha ha.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Finally

can never stop them 100% but can make it harder.

of course you make one area safer there are hundreds of other places that still have no barriers of any kind.

crazy people arnt really worried who they kill or mame, any place with people will do.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Finally

marwi_3023
Community Member
I think you probably can't stop a terrorist with bollards but it'll definitely slow down all those that confuse the accelerator for the brake pedal.
I saw an old lady take out four cars in a Woolworths car park and if there hadn't been bollards she would have entered the Woolworths.
No one was hurt thankfully
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Finally

never had that trouble when they were driving model t fords!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Finally

He said "You're never going to believe what I just managed to pick up, cheap... They're late 19th Century, but the bloke said they're  still fit for purpose..."...

So he brought his truck round to show me and I said "Mate, someone's sold you a load of old bollards...", ha ha.

atg_122_header.jpg

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply