For those that celebrate Christmas are you organised and ready?

How is everyone spending the day?

We are going out this year, there are a large group  of us and we  have gone out for the past two years, although last year was an absolute disaster....40 degrees stuck in a marquee with air con that did not work, but hey there are worse off folk.  This year different venue so hoping for a stress free day spent with our loved ones.  Ive been watching and reading how you can choose healthy options so as not to gain weight.....PFFFT!!! What ever happened to Eat, Drink and Be Merry?  No watching calories for me...Im over indulging and going to be enjoying every minute of it.   I have bought a gift for the salvation army to give out, was a great idea actually, you go on to their website and choose a toy and pay for it, they then give out to those in need. There are all different toys and you don't have to spend a lot of money, whatever you can afford, if you can afford, I thought it was a great initiative.

Hope everyone gets to spend the day how they wish and people show some kindness to others who may be doing it tough, especially at this tiime of the year.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Have a fabulous time! Hope the air con works this year for you all.
I feel I will be still shopping this coming Saturday.
As usual. I do my best shopping when under a bit of pressure!!
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

As far as I'm concerned Christmas Day is the one day when my waistline can zip it. I won't be listening. Eat and be merry I say.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

JINGLE BELLS BATMAN SMELLS: Christmas Jingle Bells. Kids Christmas Songs. Xmas Songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnr0CIQC-mk

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Awwww David,  Stan Freberg!!   I remember that from when I was a kid.

I knew all the words and sang along.  Thanks for that.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZC1SxQdz8

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Jimmy Durante "Frosty The Snowman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNcJL90Y9A

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Family at our house this year. I have been slowly getting ready for the last month.

The rear deck woodwork has been stripped and repolished. The garden recieved a trim and fertilizer a few weeks ago and the driveway gravel had a top up, with an extra ton of stone spread to refresh it. I also packed away all of the " treasures " that had been building up under the carport and deck. ( the family call me a hoarder, but i,m really just an " investor " ...Smiley Very Happy)

We also hired a preasure cleaner from the local hire shop and cleaned all of the pavers, retaining walls and even gave the house a squirt. It came up a treat and I would thouroughly reccomend this last bit to anyone who wants to freshen the place up a bit.

Last weekend I sanded back the outdoor setting and re-oiled it. I have been finishing off the last few chairs today and are about to put the chrissy lights up.

It all sounds like a lot of work I know, but it was stuff that needed doing anyway. The family for Christmas was just the push I needed to pull the finger out and get the jobs done, so its all good. Frankly I,m pleased I had that little nudge as I normally tend to find "other stuff" to do and the place looks a lot better for effort.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Christmas Day by myself this year as family members will be away.  I will have visitors before Christmas but not on the day.

I've got some food treats set aside for the day and I intend to hopefully connect with friends interstate and overseas via the internet.  If that doesn't work the cat and I will have a quiet time. 🙂 

Fortunately the forecast it not for a stinking hot day which I am very relieved about.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply