Macksvilles famous Jam soon to be no more

Truck Jam... that is.......

https://www.nambuccaguardian.com.au/story/5115080/a-final-serving-of-truck-jam/?cs=736#slide=1

Opened in 1932 the Macksville bridge on the Pacific Highway has served the community for over 80 years.  If you travelled North along the eastern seaboard then it's odds on you have been across or at lest held up in traffic near it. Yesterday it could not help itself but deliver up a fine serving of Truck Jam....... it's most famous condiment. 

Macksville truckjam.jpg

Truck Jam is best served with a cold beer on the verandah of the Star Hotel

The new Pcific motorway bridge will open on the weekend

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

https://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/new-macksville-bridge-named-in-honour-of-hughes/3292614/

THE late Phillip Hughes has been honoured with the new Pacific Hwy bridge over the Nambucca River near Macksville named after him.

The former Test cricketer who proudly called Macksville home was tragically killed three years ago while batting in a Sheffield Shield match.

The bridge, which forms part of a bypass around Macksville, will be known as The Phillip Hughes Bridge.

Member for Oxley and NSW Minister for Roads Melinda Pavey and Cowper MP Luke Hartsuyker cut the ribbon to officially open the Phillip Hughes Bridge at Macksville.
Member for Oxley and NSW Minister for Roads Melinda Pavey and Cowper MP Luke Hartsuyker cut the ribbon to officially open the Phillip Hughes Bridge at Macksville.Rachel Vercoe

Member for Oxley and NSW Roads Minister Melinda Pavey said naming the bridge after the batsman was a fitting tribute.

"Phillip Hughes was a role model for young people from the Macksville community as well as the rest of the country for his dedication and determination to succeed," Mrs Pavey said.

"His death had an enormous impact on Australians and cricket fans in particular and prompted the hash tag - Put Out Your Bats.

"This is a fitting tribute to a fine young local who was taken too soon."

Mrs Pavey said both the Hughes family and Nambucca Shire Council supported the decision to name the bridge after the left-hander who played 26 Tests but died only three days short of his 26th birthday.

The Phillip Hughes Bridge over the Nambucca River forms part of the bypass of Macksville, the town Hughes proudly called home.
The Phillip Hughes Bridge over the Nambucca River forms part of the bypass of Macksville, the town Hughes proudly called home.RMS
Coffs Coast Advocate

phil hughes.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Some of the truckies just miss the bridge altogether

https://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/truck-drivers-lucky-escape/1186367/

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Another Macksville bridge "balancing act

Well done Sir!!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/summer-herald-uncorking-the-last-traffic-bottleneck-20161130-gt0wb2.html

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Wow-thats when a couple of inches make a difference............

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Then we had the Great Macksville bridge toilet caper........

Not exactly sure if this was Thunderbox number 2 or number 3...... but as the old adage states....BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

....again... and knock it over.. The council rebuilt it twice in the same spot the last rebuild lasting a massive one week before

Kerbooooooom another one bites the dust

Never again will I observe.... "built like a brick sh55thouse

macksville bridge toilet block.jpg

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ole Aunty alma mooning about on the bridge in 1931. Star Hotel in the background left

macksville Who Alma Mea_Macksville traffic bridge.jpg

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

macksvillebridge1931a.jpgthe opening of the old bridge in 1931.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

macksville bridge 2017 tonyvidler.jpghttps://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/new-macksville-bridge-named-in-honour-of-hughes/3292614/

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

https://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/new-macksville-bridge-named-in-honour-of-hughes/3292614/

THE late Phillip Hughes has been honoured with the new Pacific Hwy bridge over the Nambucca River near Macksville named after him.

The former Test cricketer who proudly called Macksville home was tragically killed three years ago while batting in a Sheffield Shield match.

The bridge, which forms part of a bypass around Macksville, will be known as The Phillip Hughes Bridge.

Member for Oxley and NSW Minister for Roads Melinda Pavey and Cowper MP Luke Hartsuyker cut the ribbon to officially open the Phillip Hughes Bridge at Macksville.
Member for Oxley and NSW Minister for Roads Melinda Pavey and Cowper MP Luke Hartsuyker cut the ribbon to officially open the Phillip Hughes Bridge at Macksville.Rachel Vercoe

Member for Oxley and NSW Roads Minister Melinda Pavey said naming the bridge after the batsman was a fitting tribute.

"Phillip Hughes was a role model for young people from the Macksville community as well as the rest of the country for his dedication and determination to succeed," Mrs Pavey said.

"His death had an enormous impact on Australians and cricket fans in particular and prompted the hash tag - Put Out Your Bats.

"This is a fitting tribute to a fine young local who was taken too soon."

Mrs Pavey said both the Hughes family and Nambucca Shire Council supported the decision to name the bridge after the left-hander who played 26 Tests but died only three days short of his 26th birthday.

The Phillip Hughes Bridge over the Nambucca River forms part of the bypass of Macksville, the town Hughes proudly called home.
The Phillip Hughes Bridge over the Nambucca River forms part of the bypass of Macksville, the town Hughes proudly called home.RMS
Coffs Coast Advocate

phil hughes.jpg

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply