Malcolm Turnbull talks middle-income tax cut

Malcolm Turnbull dangles middle-income tax cut during Business Council of Australia speech

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-20/malcolm-turnbull-hints-at-middle-income-tax-cut/9172234

here we are a few days until another newspoll (remember they were the reason he used to knife tony) and malcolm is spruiking tax cuts to everyone...YAY

no promises of course just saying it is in his latest thought bubble.

or is it another "hey look over here" excersise so we stop looking at his fumbling about with SSM and citizenship woes and his frends the banks sacking people and the ever skyrocketing power rises...ect ect.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hope it's better than the Republican one being foisted off on the American people.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

"We don't need another tax cut" Tina Turner
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

can someone, anyone, ask malcolm what services he will cut to pay for these tax cuts!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OMG  (with an F in the middle)!!

$87,000 is middle income?!!     faint.gif

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

can i please be put on middle income?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

If you work hard enough you can earn a middle income David.

Just don't forget how much of it goes back to the Government in tax.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You gotta remember David,that's only about $1700 per week,about $200 more per week than it costs to rent an inner city house in Sydney.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

OMG  (with an F in the middle)!!

$87,000 is middle income?!!     faint.gif

Yes it would be, as it depends on how they determine the average I suppose but basically it just means half the people earn more than that, but half earn less. I know a few people (youngies, most of them too) who easily earn double that, but I also know plenty of people who work hard on factories & warehouses who earn a lot less than that.

I think the trouble is, the government treats those lower income earners as if they were middle income too. They seem to assume 'everyone' earns around that. I remember years back there was a politician on radio who was defending petrol prices and got frustrated with the interviewer and said that 'most people' have company cars anyway & aren't  paying for petrol themselves so the whole issue of petrol costs was a beat up.

I was thinking-hang on, we've never had a company car in our lives.

And when i retired (not that long ago) my income was not as high as the 'middle income' they are talking about now. And I had 6 years of tertiary education behind me before I got that job.

I think those who are working and earning below that middle income are probably the ones who are most in need of tax cuts.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Wouldn't get too excited, 'cause it ain't going to happen    ....

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply