24 REPLIES 24

Seriously

Um, does he not realise that if you remove all trees from a forest area, then it is no longer a forest?

He is right, it might boost the logging industry, but trees have functions other than to just look decorative or help fires along. They do serve a purpose, for the soil, the air, the animals that rely on that forest. To remove large tracts of forest is to drastically change the environment & maybe the weather.

Quite a while ago, I remember reading an interesting article about conditions here in Vic (I am pretty sure it was Vic they were talking about too, which makes it all the more surprising), where back in about the 1870s vast areas of land were totally cleared for farming & everything went okay till about the 1890s I think it was, when a long drought hit the area. many farmers just walked away, abandoned their farms as they had no livelihood, and apparently those areas became desert like and have never fully recovered, are still considered very poor land. 

Anyway, Trump won't get his wish, the people won't let him. He is just sounding off & it will all be forgotten when the next big thing comes along.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Seriously

Trump is determined to destroy nature (be it trees,animals,oceans,fish etc) full stop and will use any exuse at all to hid behind to pretend he is anything other than an enviromental vandal

His motto is : Cull,cut,clear

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

Seriously

1 Corinthians 15:51 - 52      ...... I was going to have a little fun with transposition on that, but in the interests of "life, the universe and everything" (quote credited to Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy) I changed my mind .... Woman LOL

The operative word would have been "TRUMPET" of course...  Smiley Tongue

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> runs for safety  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

omg1.gif

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Seriously

trump would order the cutting down of the worlds last tree just to make a 'donald trump president' sign for his desk.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Seriously

Springy, you do realise that story was tongue in cheek don't you? A joke? I guess not. While I am far from being a Trump supporter, people are looking for absolutely any reason to lay the boot in. Why not see a joke as being a joke? I could see from the second paragraph that it was a joke. Shame most others couldn't. Look at the reporter's name. That should be enough of an indicator.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Seriously

Tippy, I was responding to the first article in the link by Marwi.

I agree, the photo of  a news report (which isn't the one in the link) is a different kettle of fish.

As for Trump, I actually agree with you that news reporters in particular have been laying the boot in since the man came into office. he most definitely does not have media on his side.

But I don't think he helps his cause either with a lot of his tweets etc.

If the entire story is a beat up then yes, it says a lot that I & people who read the article by Liam Butterworth believed it might be true. It's akin to his other idea about the fence. I knew a boardie on another messageboard who actually got a contract to build part of the fence. Ubnfortunately he died a few months back & the board has been invaded by hostiles but we used to have a few laughs about that fence & he shared lots of photos of it. And he was a supporter of the republicans too.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Seriously

It's on the internet, so it must be true! 

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply