Sydney restaurant fined for dumping women on street

Sydney restaurant Gangnam Station fined for dumping unconscious women on street

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-09/sydney-restaurant-dumps-two-unconscious-women-on-street/995924...

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

No tip.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

i can think of a few 'tips' for the women and anyone looking for a place to have a meal.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I think it's disgusting.

The restaurant had no business to be serving any more alcohol when the women were swaying and obviously well past the limits.

And if the women fell unconscious, they should have rung for an ambulance or done anything other than dump them on the street.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
Good business 101. If they're no longer making you money get them out the door
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I think it's disgusting.

The restaurant had no business to be serving any more alcohol when the women were swaying and obviously well past the limits.

And if the women fell unconscious, they should have rung for an ambulance or done anything other than dump them on the street.

I know in Vic you can get into trouble for serving alcohol to an intoxicated person. And I agree, any decent person would have rang an ambulance for an unconscious person.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

The women are obviously idiots too & should be charged with being drunk & disorderly or creating a nuisance or whatever it takes.

But to dump an unconscious woman on a street at night is to put her at risk of being dragged off and raped or even of dying quietly in the dark on her own vomit.

You'd think in a restaurant there would be one person with just an ounce of common sense but i guess it is getting rarer these days.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
Responsible serving of alcohol laws are national, aren't they?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

there are too many (well 1 is too many) women getting beat up, raped and worse, these women are beyond moronic.

but the resaurant/bar should be very heavily fined for 1, plying them with booze until they passed out and 2, even worse dumping them out in the street.

i hope when these 'ladys' realise how badly this could have ended make changes in their lives.

there is 'having a good time' and then there is winding up dead.

and i guess eventually an ambulance crew had to deal with them, ambos should not have to deal with vomitting morons.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I agree, our ambos & hospitals have to deal with too many idiots whose woes are self inflicted.

Thinking about the incident with the women, I would not like to see an unconscious man dumped in a street either. Same deal, it puts them in danger.

Sometimes young people are total idiots with the way they behave and drink too much etc but if it happened to an adult child of mine, I'd like to think someone would look out for them-not continue to serve them, or ring for help.

My bet is the women in the news might try to sue. It's the way of the world these days, all rights, no responsibilities.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply