The trial of Ahed Tamimi, who slapped an Israeli soldier

Why the trial of Ahed Tamimi, who slapped an Israeli soldier, is gaining international attention

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-20/trial-of-ahed-tamimi-teen-who-slapped-a-soldier/9467998

and this is why there will never be peace in israel

how rediculous on the world stage to be wasting time and money on a extremely trivial crime!

ok, she did wrong, so maybe, thats MAYBE pop her in detention for a week.

but the statements from ministers like she should be in prison for life? are these people OUT OF THEIR FRIGGIN MINDS!

how can you HATE someone so much you would be prepared to lock them away forver for slapping someone?

i call on my govt to stop having anything to do with such a backward country.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Try reading the article David.

The young lady is not as innocent as you are making out.

She has been a trouble maker since she was a young child.....slapping a soldier was a very minor part of her actions.

And the Palestinian/Israli problem is not going to be solved any time soon and certainly not by the Australian Government putting it's head in the sand.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

has she actually done anything to be sent to prison for life?

or is it just a preventative measure?

maybe next year she will take an AK47 and kill 20 israeli citizens, who knows.

but in my mind you cant put in prison someone you think might or could do a crime.

otherwise there would never be enough prisons.

she is being put through a court system for the crime of 'slapping' a soldier.

seems way over the top to me.

with very influencial persons saying she should get life!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Life in prison may be a bit of an exaggeration but she has been charged with assault and incitement which could lead to 10 years in prison.

She has been a rabble rouser since she was 8....give her a few more years and she will be a fully fledged terrorist.  Why make allowances because she is a pretty blond teenage....she could do as much damage as some hulking man.

Put it in the context of a young person in Australia pushing, shoving and slapping a soldier or policeman.   They would be charged with similar offenses and you would be the first to be demanding they be put in prison, and rightly so.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@lyndal1838wrote:

Life in prison may be a bit of an exaggeration but she has been charged with assault and incitement which could lead to 10 years in prison.

She has been a rabble rouser since she was 8....give her a few more years and she will be a fully fledged terrorist.  Why make allowances because she is a pretty blond teenage....she could do as much damage as some hulking man.

Put it in the context of a young person in Australia pushing, shoving and slapping a soldier or policeman.   They would be charged with similar offenses and you would be the first to be demanding they be put in prison, and rightly so.

do you really believe I would demand anyone be put in prison for "pushing, shoving or even slapping" a cop? maybe a week in detention for an unprovoked attack AFTER a pshych test.

i say again (and its been part od civilised law for a very long time) you cant just lock people up because the MIGHT do something.

if we could all the scumbag men who kill their wives, girlfriends ect would be in prison.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I give up.....David, read the article.   She has been charged with assault and incitement which has the potential to send her to prison for up to 10 years.   Does that sound like anyone wants to send her to prison because she might do something....she already has done something and has been doing something for years.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

My opinion about this is the girl is little more than a child and while she may have been aggressive, she is also a Palestinian, and this means there is every possibility that she, and her family, may live, have lived and will continue to live under Israeli occupation and all the aggression that comes with that.

Over the years, there has been massive mistreatment of Palestinians, theft of their land (illegal settlements) amongst other abuses and that has led to where many Palestinians are left to see themselves today.

It could be argued that this young woman has seen, heard and experienced what happened to her country and people since she was an infant, and grown up feeling exactly as she does now, especially if she has been influenced by long suffering parents also, who are old enough to have 'seen it all' and have sadly not moved to take parental responsibility properly by teaching their children that aggression leads to more aggression.

That is not to say that the Israelis are all aggressors, they are not, and they have suffered all through history in the most horrific way including the holocaust, but religion being what it is for both sides (Islam and Judaism and any religion for that matter), it's like a missile in outer space, nothing to stop it until something collides with it.

To demand a life sentence for this girl is atrocious, and to be dragging her around in chains with sheer exaggerated over stretched power, says more about the Israelis than it does about this girl.

It's time (and has been for a very long time) for these two nations to shut down their chronic war/wars and start behaving in a way that leads to viable communication and peaceful solutions.  I won't hold my breath though.  The human condition is so very flawed, made worse by religions and the mal-religious zealots who insist on looking at each other, rather than in the same direction.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It won't happen under Netanyahu.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A 17-year-old Palestinian girl who was filmed slapping and kicking two Israeli soldiers outside her home has accepted a plea deal under which she will serve eight months in prison, her lawyer has said.

Under the deal, offered by the military prosecution on Wednesday, Tamimi is expected to plead guilty to four charges, including assault, incitement and two counts of obstructing soldiers.

Tamimi’s lawyer, Gaby Lasky, said the sentence would include four months already served and a fine of 5,000 shekels (£1,017).

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/palestinian-ahed-tamimi-accepts-plea-deal-to-serve-eight-months...

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

considering the country shes in prolly a good result, a long way from the life in prison some were calling for.

i hope she finds a more peaceful way to protest in future.

these guys will not hesitate to 'make an example' of her next time.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply