pop up message

i'm getting a pop up message telling me ive been 'chosen' to be in the running to win a new iphone.

anyone else had this?

i'll google it, bet i'll need to remove some problem 'program' some buggas snuck onto my puter.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

pop up message

Ignore and delete anything that says ' you are in the running'.

Basically they give it to everyone but say you have been picked.

It just means you have to give them you're details to enter the competition.

Then for the next few months you will also get all sorts of other scam  marketing things when they sell the lists on.

Unless it says 'you have won', forget it. Even then it could be baloney.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

pop up message

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Ignore and delete anything that says ' you are in the running'.

Basically they give it to everyone but say you have been picked.

It just means you have to give them you're details to enter the competition.

Then for the next few months you will also get all sorts of other scam  marketing things when they sell the lists on.

Unless it says 'you have won', forget it. Even then it could be baloney.

oh i know its a scam, just wondered if it was hooked to ebay users, as the 2 times its poped up has been during ebay searches.

first time was yesterday morning, now again today.

i ran 'malwarebytes' yesterday and found 4 suspect items, deleted them. ran again after todays message and found nothing.

just did a google search but looks like i need the exact wording.

so if it pops up again i'll google it then.

i dont want an iphone, not even a free one.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

pop up message

Turn on pop up blocker on your browser and downlod a free adblocker.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

pop up message

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Turn on pop up blocker on your browser and downlod a free adblocker.

i have those set, thats part why i was suprised when it happened. so thought maybe the ebay minions were doing a bit of tinkering......again.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

pop up message

Was it a notice from microsoft?  I had the same thing happen yesterday or this morning and it blocked me from accessing the page I wanted to look at.  I just closed that tab and ignored it.  I actually thought they were telling me I'd already won it but I didn't look too closely.  There was a choice of three things and one was an iphone6 from memory.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

pop up message

Lucky BugR??

I must be the luckiest person in the world, the amount of times I turn out to be the millionth visitor, etc.

Still can not win the lotto,  Ah well maybe tomorrow.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

pop up message

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

Was it a notice from microsoft?  I had the same thing happen yesterday or this morning and it blocked me from accessing the page I wanted to look at.  I just closed that tab and ignored it.  I actually thought they were telling me I'd already won it but I didn't look too closely.  There was a choice of three things and one was an iphone6 from memory.

it took over a page that was allready open to an ebay search, and yes, there was what looked like a microsoft page with this box on top.

the box had options but none to close the box, only way i could see to remove the box was to close the page. page and box both closed.

the whole thing has this american woman telling me how lucky i am blah blah blah. i wasnt paying attention as i was looking for the quickest way to get rid of her in case it started doing something else without asking.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply