sensitivity with online posts

I was looking at News.com.au today and saw a story about a guy who people were calling a legend for a kind act.It was in his local supermarket and while he was  waiting behind an elderly lady he noticed her card get rejected several times as she tried to pay for her groceries.  He had then paid her bill and refused her offer to repay him and just wished  her a nice day...very kind 

Someone saw this happen and took a photo of the pair and posted it and now its gone viral,the idea was to point out a lovely  act of kindness ...

what freaked me out is you can see the lady and her walking frame ect very clearly in the photo, she would be easy to identify.I can see the good intention behind the post but I cannot help but think the poor thing  may well be mortified to be photographed  in that situation 

I think whoever took the photo has not thought it through . 

I work in retail and when customers have issues they always look embarrassed even if its their bank down or something so I don't think anyone would wish to be in a viral post in that situation. 

Just seems very intrusive of her privacy 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Quite agree, respecting others and seeking permission before publishing has always been the norm.

Young ones need to learn a few unwritten rules nowadays.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

May not have been a younger person who posted the pic?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

totally agree, no one should post photos of anyone else without consent.

now everyone will know she does this everyweek, gets her shopping paid nearly everytime.

that was a joke, i allways check my bank account before going shopping for fear i'll get a decined message during paying. ive never completely got over paying with cash.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

May not have been a younger person who posted the pic?

Yes I know, this scenario reminded me of all the content being posted by the younger generations with the new use of social media.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Just saw the guy interviewed on Sunrise and the pic was showed again..the actual pic  didn`t show her face so imo no problem..seems the guy has done this act of kindness before..not sure if it warrants an interview tho..Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply