TT pop up bar

How can I get rid of the TT pop up bar on the screen? The pop up bar goes on to my nerves.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

TT pop up bar

It will be malware installed on your PC. Run a full virus scan to pick up what is causing it and get rid of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

TT pop up bar

It's a bit more complicated than that... These types of Malware are designed to not be detected by  simple AV scan.. There is a process you need to go through in order to fully remove it from your system.. 

You will find instructions here

http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-57-6618-0.html

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

TT pop up bar

Malwarebytes is good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

TT pop up bar

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
Malwarebytes is good.

Yes it is good, but what I was getting at was you can't just run a scan and get rid of it, there are programs/extensions you need to remove first, then you do the scan to make sure there is nothing left over..

I do know what I'm talking about, I've had to deal with this one and several other similar ones before

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

TT pop up bar

I haven't personally seen any pop ups.

But for every nasty, leading virus software have databases where you can look up what it is exactly when it is detected, and what you need to do to fully remove it (once you know what it is). Or google.

Which can be several steps and need some manual removals such as registry entries, or start up entries...but you start with a nice sweep of everything 🙂

Some things are easy, some things are more difficult and a decent scan will tell you if the program has successfully removed the offending program fully 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

TT pop up bar

Prevention is important too.

No automatic downloads from sites. Checking downloads with a scan before running them.

Setting up regular, automatic scans to check your PC.

And yes, it is a good idea to run a full scan after removal of something nasty to confirm it has gone.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

TT pop up bar

Thankyou I have been having so much trouble so annoying almost stopped ebaying, all fixed now much appreciated.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply