I don't understand why you have charged me so much for my sales. $144 of $205 when I thought I had

I don't understand why you have charged me so much for my sales this month of $144 charge on $205.  I thought I had 40 free entries and have been charged insertion fees.  The insertion fees seem ok buy more than half of the sale price as a charge seems wrong.  Could you please email me back with the complete breakup of the charges on my sales and the percentages you charge.  I have many more items to list but if my profits go in charges I will have to hold garage sales (which are not as successful as your site) but at least I will keep a good proportion of my sale.  Thank you for taking the time to read my email.  

View Entire Topic

1offjewellery,

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

(Please don't post your details on a public forum! For your protection, I'll ask one of the moderators to remove those personal details...)

Unfortunately I think you must not have read through eBay's selling policies & selling fees pages.

Selling fees without an eBay Store

Fees for selling a vehicle on eBay Motors

eBay fees calculator

In listing the inflatable boat and the sailing boat, you were charged a final value fee of $66 for each. I don't know if you were charged an insertion fee for those or not, but if you were, it would have been $8.80 for each.

For the other two items, final value fees would have been $7.54 and $2.97 respectively. (Had you been charged insertion fees for those, the insertion fees would have been $1.50 for each.)

Listing the inflatable boat in the Cars, Bikes, Boats category has cost you dearly. You should have listed in Sporting Goods   > Watercraft Inflatables, where you'd not have been charged that $66 FVF. As for the boat you sold, I think you may have been able to list that in Sporting Goods > Boating, Water Sports > Watercraft > Personal Watercrafts, which again would have been much better for you.

You can try phoning eBay and requesting that they revise your invoice as you made an error in listing, but if you do, you'll need to be incredibly polite and acknowledge that it was your mistake... Make a note of with whom you speak, note down the time and date of the call, try recording it if you can (and notify the person that you'll be recording and ask them if that's okay)...

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.) The link is https://www.ebay.com.au/help/call_me?initFrom=HOME

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.