Dangerous Car Parts being sold Via EBay

(I have this same post listed in Buying section)

I have a problem with a seller who is selling dangerous car parts.

My main aim is to have the parts stopped before someone is killed. I installed these parts on my sons car and the steering failed causing a major crash. There were no injuries so the police said it is a civil matter from here.

Ebay is so frustrating. I have reported him and they simply sent me a reply saying they contacted the seller and due to privacy they can't tell me the outcome. The outcome is he is still selling these parts.

I have since been contacted by someone else here in Australia saying his failed. (No crash though). The seller also has negative feedback saying the parts failed.

I have a detailed thread on a car forum with lots of evidence and a statement from another person here...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=386664

This is the outcome of the parts failure. Can anyone offer any help to get this guy stopped before someone dies.

deadcar2.jpg

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Dangerous Car Parts being sold Via EBay

Wow, what a rotten experience. I hope your son doesn't have any medical issues come up later. Please be aware he may develop PTSD, but I hope he doesn't.

I'm no expert and didn't understand a lot of the blog and it was a little tl;dr for me so forgive me when I repeat things there or advise things you have already done, but >insert patient sigh here< the first things I thought of were for you and the person who contacted you saying their parts failed also:

-Contact both the manufacturers of your vehicles and the purported manufacturers of the parts. Both these parties will have expert knowledge. If the parts are counterfeit the companies may have a case via Vero to have the parts removed from sale

-Contact all your insurance companies including Green slip and health, even if you aren't making a claim. They would be very interested in shutting down bodgy parts. They may also recommend a mechanic who can give an independent report of the aftermath.

-Contact the roads authority of your state to alert them if they can give any advice in a situtation such as this

-Contact customs if these parts are imported

-Contact a solicitor now

-Diarise everything

So sorry this has happened. I hope you have a good outcome and I hope all rotten eggs are shut down. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Dangerous Car Parts being sold Via EBay

bump.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply