Do not buy vehicles on ebay

hache310
Community Member

I recently brought 2 mopeds ,pick only,seller claimed to be out of town.but was selling the items on sister site gum tree,he claimed on returning that they were gone.no refund nothing.ebay does not cover vehicles.paypal does not cover pick up.neither will refund my 500.

Not happy.are bicycles,state boards,remote controlled cars vehicles too?

Not buying thru eBay will cancel PayPal acc

Theives

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Contact ACORN

https://report.acorn.gov.au/

They will be able to offer help and advice.

A chat at your local Police Station may also help.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If your payment came from a credit card (or a visa debit I believe) linked to your paypal account go and do a chargeback at your bank.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why did you pay via paypal for the mopeds?  You should never pay be paypal for pickup only items.  They should only be paid in cash ATER you have inspected the item and checked that it is as described and fully working.

Even ebay recognises that it is not safe to do so and do not insist on paypal being offered for motor vehicles.  It has always been in the paypal User Agreement that they do not cover pick up items.

You are blaming ebay and paypal for your own shortcomings.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It baffles me why someone would pay by Paypal for a pick up item. Especially if they had not gone & looked at the item in person. That's usually just asking for trouble, which seems to have happened in the OP's case.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply