Hens teeth...think I found one...... Leyland p76 stationwagon or Cortina

What is the make of the stationwagon at 1.14 on the video??? TC Cortina or P76 stationwagon.

The timeline does not quite marry for the P76... but it just does not look like a Ford to me???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WmhMKWt8DI

At the time of launch, the company announced the intention of introducing a station wagon / estate version later that same year,[2] and at least three, prototype station wagons (estate cars), which shared much of the sedan's structure and body panels but with more upright rear door frames, were built: one was broken up by Leyland Australia for examination of the body strength, one was crash tested by Ford Australia for Leyland to gain part of the registration certification At the time of launch, the company announced the intention of introducing a station wagon / estate version later that same year,[2] and at least three, prototype station wagons (estate cars), which shared much of the sedan's structure and body panels but with more upright rear door frames, were built: one was broken up by Leyland Australia for examination of the body strength, one was crash tested by Ford Australia for Leyland to gain part of the registration certification and the last and only surviving example was eventually used as a factory hack until it was sold at the same auction as the Force 7s as part of a pair of cars which included the last car made. The wagon and the “last” car remain in private collections and the wagon is currently undergoing basic restoration.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_XT_Falcon

The lack of style lines on the bonnet makes me think it's not an xt or xw either.

I think AMC had a Rambler stationwagon that looked a bit like it though

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

http://www.leylandp76.com/general/p76/stationwagon.html

not a P76 in the clip. There is a clip from wheels magazine in the link .... Oh well :8} as you were

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Its a 1968 XT Ford Falcon Station Wagon 221 c.i .   Its no Cortina and definitely not a P76.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

No take that back the front bumper is wrong , Hmm clearer pic would help.  Maybe a AMC Rambler like you said way to large for a Cortina and not a P76. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

The grille is identical to this XT sedan, has the same small square park/indicators as well! Most XT's do look a little different, maybe it's a fairmont grille. 

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTApZJDxyxKzV-Ax2C-N6b0FEGDz1CJ99OyYnUbxkQB6qslRuqy

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Got no idea, but I loved the link, thanks for sharing.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those taxis stowed away in the shed out the back. Or any of the cars in the clip.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

101% XT Falcon from me.

P76 wasn't around then as you said, nor the TC (released late '71). And as for the P wagon, only 2 were ever completed. One was destroyed in crash testing (at the Ford proving ground, as Leyland didn't have their own facility) and the other is still lurking around in a private collection, after sitting dormant for many years following the demise of the model.

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply