I purchased a vehicle 5 weeks ago and the seller is still advertising it for sale,

I purchased a vehicle 5 weeks ago and the seller is still saying it’s for sale, now I would like to sell and can’t as vehicle details will be the same as already listed if that makes sense

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I purchased a vehicle 5 weeks ago and the seller is still advertising it for sale,

So you bought and picked up a vehicle, how can the seller say it's still for sale ?

Or do you mean the seller has forgotten to end the listing ?

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: I purchased a vehicle 5 weeks ago and the seller is still advertising it for sale,

The seller said after I purchased the vehicle that he would pay eBay fees and end the add but hasn’t, I purchased the vehicle after making him an off through eBay, then he rejected the offer, he then called me to say he would accept later that day if I paid within 24 hours, he has been since contacted and said he refuses to pay eBay and there is nothing I can do

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

So you bought and picked up a vehicle, how can the seller say it's still for sale ?

Or do you mean the seller has forgotten to end the listing ?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You didn't actually "purchase" the item at all - as in, make a bid and get a notification from eBay at the end of the auction saying you won. You made an agreement with the seller to buy, and he pulled out.

There's nothing you can do.

You have two options, and two options only:

1) Report the matter to eBay - be really careful about that: if the planned payment wasn't being done through eBay (and the seller saying he "refuses to pay eBay" makes it sound like that's the case), they'll regard that as an "off-eBay" sale, and it'll end badly for both of you.

2) Forget about it, and move on.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If you already have the vehicle (it sounds like you have) and you've paid for it, but you didn't officially buy it through ebay, just buy it on ebay and that will end his ad and he'll have to pay ebay fees.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Whoops - ignore my previous comment - got it totally wrong!!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Don't you hate it when your fingers think out loud!
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply