Rusty iron rally 2013

This year the rally featured a Stanley steamer and a 1968 built rail car billed as Australia's first Cackle car running 90% nitro and producing between 2000 and 2500 hp. I took a start up video.... I was about 5 feet away from the pipes... the sound wave was physically shaking my chest and rumbling the ground..... talk about cackle.... Banshee alert

Image0964.jpg

392 Chrysler Hemi

Image0965.jpg

I know Morrie Carlton quite well. a very quiet and unassuming guy he fixes stereos ....... I couldn't believe that he piloted this car in the 70's

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Rusty iron rally 2013

and then the weekend after it is hot rod time again with over 500 rods registered so far it will be a record attendance

http://www.drag-ens.com/valla13.htm

Crikey life is tough this month

Image0674.jpgImage0659.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 21 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

some links for the WRC

http://www.rallyaustralia.com.au/

this year round 4 of the AORC is also being held in conjunction with the WRC event on a closed private circuit.

http://www.cams.com.au/motor-sport/sport/disciplines/off-road/australian-off-road-championship

We have our residents passes and hope to shoot a video of the track and get a pic of the old zookee at the WRC time gates as we drive back from Bowra Saturday morning just before the road closes

Message 22 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

The WRC Congarinni to Graces road section has been extended to provide some spectacular views and huge drop offs for the WRC to contend with.  This is only the new centre bit. The whole stage is about 52 kms long. Early vieweing will be available approximately 6.30 AM on the South Arm Road and Simpsons Ridge turn where the cars will be coming in on Bitumen to a 170 degree turn at race pace

simpsons Ridge.jpg

Message 23 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

The Valla Viewmont section... I get to drive this road everytime I go to a town. It was voted by the drivers as the best section of the WRC rally in 2011 and voted overall best dirt stage for the season

vallaroadtogordonsknobroad.jpg

Message 24 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

On the Friday of the WRC WE have to ride a massive 11kms over Viewmont to watch the Newry State forest leg of the WRC. The cars actually race from A to b through the bush. The directions show the way when you go back to the highway

Brirfield stage friday.jpg

Message 25 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

oh wow thanks for sharing those photos View!  loved them, wish I was up there to see some of the cars.

I'll be driving thru NH in November some time if all goes to plan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 26 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Hi Dave--thanks for the effort put in posting the pics and details.

Your area is the motor sport and history capital of Aust  atm..............Richo.

Message 27 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

No worries Richo leeerv cars and the effort their owners take to restore or modify them....... now I now where that saying came from

"as big as a buick" about 60c ars were there... my mate snuck his "stang" into the middle of the pic cannot help himself

... has two blue oval badges with  F - O - R - D written on them for eyes...

My fave was this 1958 Caballero. Only made for two years one of these recently sold for 90k US

http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/01/25-classic-cars-you-dont-know-but-should/1958-buick-caballero-s...

Image0980.jpgclearway signs behind the car in Bowra for the rally next week as this is where the rally cars refuel and make minor repairs

Image0978.jpgThe pub in the background is the Bowra Hotel (aka bottom pub)  which is 101 years old this year

Message 28 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

boat tail riviera with 455 supercharged big block gets the big banger award

Image1013.jpg

20 inch mags were the bling of the day other than the grilles

Image1011.jpg

Message 29 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image1009.jpg

Image1010.jpgbling

Message 30 of 74
Latest reply