Rusty iron rally 2013

This year the rally featured a Stanley steamer and a 1968 built rail car billed as Australia's first Cackle car running 90% nitro and producing between 2000 and 2500 hp. I took a start up video.... I was about 5 feet away from the pipes... the sound wave was physically shaking my chest and rumbling the ground..... talk about cackle.... Banshee alert

Image0964.jpg

392 Chrysler Hemi

Image0965.jpg

I know Morrie Carlton quite well. a very quiet and unassuming guy he fixes stereos ....... I couldn't believe that he piloted this car in the 70's

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Rusty iron rally 2013

Dort reflection photobombed me...takes after her Dad

Image1008.jpg

How shiny is that sucker even the paint reflected her image???

Image1007.jpgThe car that ate Paris or Bowra??

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 31 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

straight 8's

Image1016.jpg

Image1004.jpg

Message 32 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image0999.jpg... so I said take your top off... and they did

Image0998.jpg

Message 33 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Image1003.jpgImage0993.jpg

Message 34 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

Late October always brings up the combined NSW and QLD GT falcon clubs run to Valla. Roughly 120 cars in it's 23 year I think as an annual event

https://www.facebook.com/events/111649545711684/?ref=22

Clubs from NSW & QLD have been meeting at Valla Beach for over 20 years. Show & Shine - rougly 120 cars- in Bowra Street,

Nambucca Heads on Saturday 26th October 2013 (To be confirmed closer to date)

Exact time will be released closer to the date.

Message 35 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

1957 Lyndal. Some childhood memories for you. The first privately owned caravan park in NSW I believe

This was the entrance to Nambuca and taken above the cottages you used to stay in way back when when in Woodbell Street.

A pic of "stringer cottages" came up in our facebook history group Nambuuca Valley old guard from the 50's but I cannot find it at the

moment... will keep looking

first privately owned caravan park on the north coast.jpg

and Gordon Park 1956

1956 Gordon Park.jpg

Message 36 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

One thing that has not changed is this background view... although they pulled down the Pub that replaced te pictured pub ( The Victoria)

and bunged up a bloody big Woolies store on one of the most picturesque ocean view ridges on the East Coast

rivermouthfromwoolies.jpg

So do yourself a favour if you pass through and spend 10 minutes taking in the view north (towards Coffs Harbour) and south (towards  from Pilot Hill I have been looking at it most of my life andthe vista never ceases to amaze me through its natural beauty

Message 37 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

More great pics Dave--shame only 93 lookers.

~waves back there to Lyndal----still wasnt sure about the--al or el

--thats been going on for years............................Richo.

Message 38 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

thanks for the show dave, that wagon, the Buick is the one i like out of the yank tanks. the blue Buick 8/40 looks familiar .. there's one (38?) here in this region with original paint upholstery etc in the same blue , so they got that right (or its the same car) i had a 1940 model that came from woodside army barracks in the Adelaide hills for a brief time in the 1980's. turn on the key , push the accelerator and a switch attached to the pedal activates the starter motor vrooom .. the straight eight erupts and the torque reaction makes it sway side to side on its springs. thirsty and not a particularly fast old thing though .  given a choice i'd take a WRC car and blitz the club gymkhanas .Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 74
Latest reply

Rusty iron rally 2013

after another look i don't think its the local  blue car mainly because it has a compartment for spare wheels ahead of the RHF door (i used to know what they were called once too, but the word escapes me today). that one looks to be '39 or '40 as well.

Message 40 of 74
Latest reply