Australia Post - False Lead Time and Parcel Was Left Outside

I bought a mobile phone last week from <Removed> The package was supposed to arrive by 26/10/2017 but the item was left outside my house on the 03/11/2017. One of my neighbor took the item parcel and I got it the next day. This raises few questions:

- Ebay or the seller advised wrong lead time.

- The item location was Victoria, Australia but it took 3 weeks to receive after payment + dispatch. This item was posted from overseas and the seller falsely listed it as local item. There are two postage lable on top of each other that shows that it was posted outside Australia. I would not have purchased if I knew that this item will be posted from outside Australia due to postage delay.

- Even thought, it was mentioned in the listing about Australia Post Parcel Signature on delivery, the item as left outside. It was not signed. It could have been stolen. 

What really frustrates me is that I cannot leave feedback for this item right now as I conatcted ebay for non-receipt of the item earlier. I'm really thinking to report this to ACCC since ebay encourages fraudalent selling activities on their site these days.

View Entire Topic

DId you look at the feedback of the seller before purchase?

It shows Member since: 07-Nov-16 in Hong Kong

Never just go by the item location and the price is generally a good indication of where it really is.