I am trying to print a postage label but eBay is saying the suburb postcode dont match, but they do?

Hi can someone help.I am trying to print a postage label but eBay is saying the buyer's suburb & postcode dont match, but they do?

How do I get around this?

View Entire Topic

In the old days (giving my age away here) we always addressed our mail, quoting the capital city. For example if you lived in a suburb of Brisbane, you would quote your address as e.g.  3 Main Road, New Farm, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. 4001 (just a ficticious address used here for example.)  NOW, the Post Office, doesn't recognize the city,(unhless you actually live in the heart of the city) so it only wants New Farm, 4001 (the suburb and postcode). What the problem that you have is, and I get this all the time when trying to print labels....You have to remove the city from the address, many buyers are still quoting a main city and the postcode does not match this, and that is why it won't print.  You can edit it yourself, there is an edit button, and many times I have found that the buyer has placed the city on the line where it says "suburb"  When I started selling, I came across this and used to contact the buyer to get it corrected, and even though they corrected it in their accounts, it still would not be correct for me, and I suspect it would only change for their future purchases, not the one that was already in progress before they made their changes.  Now, I just edit the address myself, checking first that the postcode is correct for the suburb they are quoting. So you just press the "edit" button, make the changes and then "save" to save the changes and your label will print out.  I have them all the time, and I just do this.  I used to hand address them and take them to the Post Office to pay, but this is a real nuisance, so I don't do it that way anymore.  You are not changing anything in the buyer's account, it is just to print the label. I hope I have explained this, so you know what I mean. You will come across this a lot if you are selling.