can a seller charge more for shipping than the cost.

I purchased several items from the same seller. The seller combined the items into a single express post satchel that cost under $14. However charged me a total of $49.40 for shipping as the items did not combine at checkout.

At the time of purchase I did not notice the high shipping cost as I purchased multiple items from multiple sellers via my shopping cart.

The seller has agreed to refund me $20 for the access shipping cost still leaving me paying $29 for $14 worth of shipping. I had thought it was against ebay rules. I could understand if each item was sent seperately and the cost of shipping really did come to $49 however the seller conveniently combined the shipping for him/her self and then charged me for individual shipping.

The seller is indicating he has "broken my rule" and refunded me $20. I was about to reply that his rule is meaningless it's ebay rules that count but thought I'd better double check.

View Entire Topic

The seller has additional postage costs on top of the stated $14.00  Stamp Cost.  Anyone who only charges Stamp Cost, is a fool

and losing money.