Linking my Paypal Account to Ebay

Everytime I put through a payment through PayPal, basically you ask me if either, 1/.I wish to link my account, OR 2/. Maybe later.  How about NEVER. Stop asking me. It is getting REALLY ANNOYING.I will not link my Paypal account for security reasons. so put another option ie NEVER and stop asking me.

cheers

View Entire Topic

divalilp, you are not actually speaking to eBay by posting here.

Even though these boards show as the Answer Centre, it comes under the heading of The eBay Community and is a public forum. The responders to posts here are not eBay employees, but fellow eBay members.

While the wealth of knowledge and help offered by these volunteer eBay members certainly outstrips anything offered by eBay's Customer Service, eBay members have no power either to ask you to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, or to stop asking you to link your PayPal account to your eBay account.

Your concern in not wanting an automatic link between the two is valid, I agree. Doing away with the need for someone to enter a password to an online account that has the ability to withdraw money from your bank account or credit card is a security risk.

However, even if you directed your complaint or suggestion to eBay, they would not listen or care. To quote:

At eBay, we appreciate comments from our members on our products and services. But we have a long-standing policy of not accepting unsolicited suggestions, ideas, or proposals.

You can go ahead and contact eBay with your view - I'd suggest this link - but realistically be aware that eBay's acting on it or caring about it is about as likely as a cow giving birth to a cat and a fiddle.

Ask a Question