Refund not showing up on buyers PayPal account

bw.814
Community Member

Hi everyone, was hoping for some help. 

I sold an item on eBay, buyer paid for item through PayPal. 

I go to the account section on eBay, make a 'one time payment' for my final value fee. 

Go to PayPal, withdraw the rest of the money to my bank account. 

20 mins later, the buyer messages asking for a refund, claiming he misclicked the item... 

I say no worries, go to the item on the seller page, click the 'cancel this order' button on the dropdown menu. 

Select 'buyer doesn't want item' option and follow the prompts and refund. At the resolution centre, the status of that case is still set to open. When I click on the case it says 'you refunded the buyer, we will let you know when it's complete' 

Which seems pretty self explanatory. 

So another 30 mins passes and the buyer is sending messages asking where the refund is, he needs the money, etc etc. 

I send him a screenshot of the item in the resolution centre which says 'you refunded the buyer'. Buyer is still upset the money isn't in his PayPal account, despite this being just 1 hour after paying me. 

I go to my PayPal account, I can't see any refund pending or otherwise, just the last transaction I made which was withdrawing money to my bank account. 

Long winded i know. So I guess the question is, have I done this refund correctly? Even though now, 3 hours after issuing the refund, there's nothing in PayPal to show it's being refunded. Would me withdrawing money to my bank account and using the rest to pay final value fees effect this, wouldn't the refund just come out of my linked credit card if there is no money in my PayPal account? 

Thought id include as much detail as possible. Thank you to anyone who reads this and can help. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)