want a $15 voucher eBay voucher? is this a scam

i recieved an email offering me $15 off an ebay purchase and i dont know if its a scam or not

can anyone help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mrpj574
Community Member

Of course it's a scam dresses up as a free gift,

If you look carefully at the fine print they charge your card $3 so you can hava access to all the perks and benefits, and if you continue past the trial period without cancelling they charge your  card $19 / month

so if you do not cancel they actually only give you $3.00 and they get that back from you in the second

billing period so they have a monthly cash cow, there is a sucker born every minute try not 2 B one

I have copied their 'fine print conditions' below for you to peruse and slowly disect at reading leisure

* Offer Details - Must be over the age of 18 to participate. Try a 7-day trial of SmartyPlus for only $3 and explore all the perks available to our SmartyPlus members. Unless you cancel before trial end, we will automatically renew your SmartyPlus membership and charge your authorized payment method a monthly membership fee of $19/month beginning on 09/23/2022 until you cancel. Cancel any time within the "Billing" tab of your account or email us. Must make first purchase and submit claim within thirty days of enrollment to receive Cash-back bonus. SmartyPlus not affiliated with third party merchants.

Please note one of the hallmarks of these scams is 2 ignore requests 2 cancel so they can continue 2 bill

Anytime unsolicited spam asks for credit card or email or name or date of birth give it a wide berth

Kind Regards

MrPj2u

SLMMR if it gets dark in here should I light up the flame throwers and burn the dark web down?

tone_25
Community Member

I received  the same, and I also thought it might be a scam wasn't sure so I didn't take the risk.