A buyer bought an item, but then decided they didnt need it. No payment recieved, im being billed

A buyer bought an item from me then decided they didnt need it anymore.  I said ok and cancelled the sakke and relisted item. I am being biled for the sale even though it dudnt sell and i didnt recieve any money for it.

View Entire Topic

jimswrecking, did you cancel the sale with the buyer? (As in, request cancellation with the reason that the buyer didn't want the item, and the buyer clicked the "agree" button?)

If so, you should receive a final value credit.

From the Cancelling a transaction help page:

Receiving a final value fee credit for a cancelled sale

To receive a final value fee credit, the cancellation must be completed. If the buyer had already paid using PayPal, the refund is complete when their account is refunded. If they'd paid using any other method, the refund will be considered complete when they confirm they’ve received their money back.

We'll credit the final value fee to your account 7 to 10 days after the cancellation request is complete. Learn more about requesting a final value fee credit.

If this happens in future (as in, a buyer decides they don't need the item anymore), you are often best off doing the following:

1. open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Centre (and enter into no further communication with the bidder); and
  2. only relist when you're certain that you have your Buyer Requirement blocks set correctly to avoid repeat offenders.
Spoiler

Have you set your blocks in your Buyer Requirements? The link is here: https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences&BuyerBlockPreferences=

The ones in red are the important ones; the others are optional - whatever works best for you as a seller.

Select requirements  

Important: Select buyer requirements carefully - they may reduce your selling success. The requirement(s) you select will be applied to your current and future listings, except as noted. eBay encourages you to learn more by visiting the Buyer Requirements Help page.    
Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes
Block bidders and buyers who have received   ②  Unpaid Item strike(s) within   ⑫   month(s)  
This requirement can help you avoid bidders and buyers with a history of not paying for the items they have agreed to purchase.

Buyers in locations to which I don't post
  Block buyers whose primary postage address is in a location I don't post to.  
This requirement can help you avoid buyers who agree to purchase your items without realising you don't post to their location.

Buyers with policy violation reports
Block buyers who have   ④  Policy violation report(s) within   ⑥  month(s)  
This requirement can help you block buyers who have been reported to have violated eBay policies.

Buyers with a negative feedback score
Block buyers who have a feedback score of   -1   or lower(Not really relevant any more, as buyers cannot be given negative feedback, but tick this anyway.)
This requirement can help you avoid buyers who have received more negative than positive feedback from other eBay members bidding on your item.

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought    ③    of my items in the last 10 days.
        Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of    ⑤    or lower.
Consider selecting this requirement if you are selling expensive items and don't want to sell over a certain number to any single buyer. Learn more about how this requirement works.

Buyers who haven't gone through phone verification

Block buyers who haven't gone through phone verification.
      Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of    or lower.
 When blocked buyers complete phone verification, they'll be allowed to bid on or buy your item. Learn more about this requirement.

Apply above settings to active and future listings.
Existing bids will not be affected.
Turbo Lister will pick up these settings after you sync each item with eBay. Third-party listing tools will pick up these settings after you synchronise the tools with eBay.

Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.) Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.