Ebay postage labels - wrong suburb

I have just gone to print an ebay postage label and in red letters are the words The suburb provided is not recognised for this postcode. So I can't complete the label which is a bit of a nuisance

This is the address as per the PayPal email & also in my ebay seller hub. I have some pre paid satchels so I don't mind hand writing the label. Would I be covered if the parcel goes astray?

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You should be covered if you write the address exactly as it is on the paypal notification.

I had a similar problem with a seller some years ago.

I have lived here for nearly 50 years and the seller told me that I had to change my address as AP did not recognise my suburb with the postcode.

I told her that there were 5 suburbs with the same postcode....all clustered around the main suburb but the address was quite correct.

She kept insisting I change my suburb to the main one in the postcode area but if I had I definitely would not get the parcel as there was a similarly named street in the other suburb.

She ended up cancelling a nearly $300 sale because she kept telling me I did not know where I lived.