Hi, I am deeply disappointed with your parental approach to screening the wording of each sale item!

mius18
Community Member

What has e-bay got to now with all the effort being put into screening all the wordings of each sale item. If the item is described as 'well worn' then it is targeting the adult fetishist market!. What on earth has this world got to now?. How else am I to describe something that is well worn if not 'well worn'?. Am I to say that it is not well worn and then the potential buyer will appeal for refund on the grounds the item was not described correctly?. That's just crazy!. I find American and U.K. e-bay is so much more lax in that respect and the Aussie e-bay is run by a bunch of prudes that seem to have way too much time for nit picking and annoying both sellers and buyers!. I just had a bunch of items taken off my sale list because they were described as 'Well Worn'. Wake up to yourself Aussie e-bay and stop spending too much time reading personal messages b/n members unless someone reports them to you for being inappropriate!!!. 

Such a let down. I might have to turn to o/s run ebay to sell my items on their more accepting terms and conditions!. 

View Entire Topic

@mius18wrote:

How else am I to describe something that is well worn if not 'well worn'?.

shabbyscruffybatteredwornoldthinthreadbareworn outmoth-eatenmangyraggedfrayedtatteredfalling apart at the seams, in shreds, in tatters, falling to pieces, decrepithaving seen better days; tattyrattythe worse for wearraggedy.

Plenty of options.