I have a question about item being shown as late shipment

I have been penalised for the late arrival of a shipment and this seems unjust. The item was posted on a Monday, the first option after purchase. I advised the buyer of this fact by email.  It was a delivery from Australia to France. However, I submit that once the item is mailed, I no longer have any control over the delivery process, including the time of arrival. Yet, I find that I am penalised for a late delivery. I submit that since I mailed the item on time I should not be penalised for something totally beyond my control. I further submit that the penalty should be reversed.  I awaited your considered response to thie matter. Regards, Edward.

View Entire Topic

@rev-707,

As padi said, you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

Unfortunately, under eBay's policies, you have fallen foul of eBay's expectations for sellers. You might want to bookmark the Seller levels and performance standards help page, in particular noting the following:

Late shipment rates

To provide your buyers with a great service, it's important to make sure you send your items on time. Late shipment rates are determined by the percentage of transactions that you either sent after the handling time stated in your listing, or were not delivered by your estimated delivery date.

We'll consider a shipment as late when one of these things happens:

• Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date.
  • There's no acceptance scan within your handling time
  • The buyer lets us know that the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date

If more than 10% of your transactions are classified as late shipments, we may limit some of the postage options available to you to make sure buyers have the right expectations on delivery times.

Also bookmark the Selling practices policy, and note what's under Postage service and Postage and handling time.

To minimise the risk of this happening again, you may want to increase your handling time to give you a longer "estimated delivery time".